Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the phone with a Dealer Rep in Arkansas; Very interesting news on the 2011 Trail Teams. He says the factory made an error on the first set of green TTs shipped. They came in missing:
- The floating ball gauge cluster
- Bilstein shock package
- Rock rails
- Roof Rack
- Rear power outlet

But it is still solid green including top. He says to compensate, they would be offering these FJs as Upgrade Package #3 and would be considered sort of a 2011 Trail Teams "Lite".
He also said the factory has corrected this issue and the Full Trail Teams versions should start coming in April.
Those of you who have ordered the TT; you might contact your sales guy and find out what it is you're really getting...

FYI; this info came from Mike Schull who tracks TT status at:
Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser

·
Registered
175 Posts
That is a pretty substantial "whoops."

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Not really that substantial of an "opps". Any changes in their computer documentation/reporting system could have caused the issue to occur. Print out shows you exactly what to build on the assembly line, so somewhere between the dealership order and the actual mfg. printout for the car something got screwed up. The line built the cars as instructed by the printout - workers have no clue what each dealership actually orders, only that its supposed to be listed on the printout correctly. Wasn't caught until late that the printout didn't match the order. Its easier to do then most people realize.

Not really that big of an issue, for a few handful of Toyota's customers their orders will be delayed or they will have to accept a slightly different vehicle. Not like they were producing 4x2's when they should have been 4x4's.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bad; I did a quick forum search before I started this thread but obviously not thorough enough since its covered two other places. In my defense, the other two were in "Newbie town" and "I'd like to tell Toyota"... I sort of felt like it belonged more in "News" or General Discussion... could be wrong.:boohoo:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not really that substantial of an "opps". Any changes in their computer documentation/reporting system could have caused the issue to occur. Print out shows you exactly what to build on the assembly line, so somewhere between the dealership order and the actual mfg. printout for the car something got screwed up. The line built the cars as instructed by the printout - workers have no clue what each dealership actually orders, only that its supposed to be listed on the printout correctly. Wasn't caught until late that the printout didn't match the order. Its easier to do then most people realize.

Not really that big of an issue, for a few handful of Toyota's customers their orders will be delayed or they will have to accept a slightly different vehicle. Not like they were producing 4x2's when they should have been 4x4's.
Except there was not an upgrade package 3 until AFTER the mistake was discovered when it arrived in port. The vehicles were first marked as the SE package. Luckily someone at the port (perhaps even one of our own forum members...Zona FJ who saw pics of his TT) caught the mistake. Mine was cleared from Long Beach on Feb 6th, only to be pulled back...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts