Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am leaning toward the 2011 trail teams special edition because of the the improvements in visibility and rear seat access.
The above remark was made in another thread - what exactly (if any) are the "improvements" in visibility and rear seat access for the 2011 FJC TT models? I thought that there were no substantial changes....

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
honestly I don't know what toyota could have done to improve the visibility but re-designing the whole exterior.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I think the only difference is that they redesigned the head rests to fold forward so they are shorter, thus helping rearward visibility.

No big deal there.

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
The camera came out on the 09s

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello All:

I own a 2011. I'm not so sure the rear headrests actually improve rear visibility. Reason: The new rear headrests fold forward to their lowest position. Pre-2011 rear headrests moved up/down.

This means that when the 2011 headrests are folding forward (lowest position), they sit up above the top of the rear seat by about six inches (the depth of the headrest). Pre-2011s rear headrests, when in their lowest position, did not stick up much at all above the rear seat.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Hello All:

I own a 2011. I'm not so sure the rear headrests actually improve rear visibility. Reason: The new rear headrests fold forward to their lowest position. Pre-2011 rear headrests moved up/down.

This means that when the 2011 headrests are folding forward (lowest position), they sit up above the top of the rear seat by about six inches (the depth of the headrest). Pre-2011s rear headrests, when in their lowest position, did not stick up much at all above the rear seat.

Would be able to show us some pics?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I took my rear headrests out 2 days after I bought my fj and haven't used them since considering that you need them out to fold the seat flat.
Personally, I don't see any reason to have them in the first place.

·
Registered
477 Posts
From a daily use point of view, I tend to agree with NWFJ. The difference in height between the headrests in the 2011 and older models when they are in the down position is maybe an inch or so.

The passenger seat does 'seem' to move forward a little more to access the rear seat area, compared to our experience with a 2007, but not much.

Very minor differences that could be called 'improvements', but not 'substantial changes' as the OP suggests.

On the other hand, we have found the backup camera option 'substantially' helpful, but it has been around a couple of years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts