Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 2012 FJ Cruiser comes 'pre-wired' for the aux lights mounted on the front bumper?

I just bought a 2012 used Iceberg FJ with 12K miles. I'll be the first to say I'm a noob at modding! Looking to keep it stock looking at first. Any help is awesome.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
661 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FJ comes pre-wired in the sense that there is cabling going from the switch location to the fuse box and to the fender. You have to supply the switch, relay, and harness for lights. They don't sell the OEM Aux lights anymore but you can find them all over the place used they have the harness. Here's the switch you'll need.

FJ Fog light switch / harness [PT297-35070-SH-AS] - $76.99 : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser
Awesome, thanks for the info

·
Registered
470 Posts
I think that is the ambient temp sensor, at least when I put on my front bumper, that is what was connect to the hood latch support bracket.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey guys.. Just wondering if this is the end that I plug the aux lights into

Its located off of the horn wiring.. looks like its just hanging out.

Sorry the pics kinda stink.. hard to get a shot in there

:thinkerg:
As mentioned in the post above; no. The connector you are looking for is just outside the firewall on the drivers side. You'll want p/n PT297-35070-LH to run from that location down to the grill area.
If you're going OEM with you're lights I can send you instruction and part numbers for these. Just shoot a PM and I'll answer later today.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the input.. I am taking my time and researching/gathering parts.. a few questions.. I have mostly everything, just have to stop at radioshack or autozone and get some t-tap connectors and a 15A fuse.

My (1st) real questions is about the bumper brackets. Toyota has a "stop sell" on them.. meaning they won't sell them. :| I know I can order them online from Auxiliary Driving Lights Bracket PT297-35062

Does anyone know what this consists of? Does this include the support bar for under the bumper?

My (2nd) question is about the 'pigtails'. I've been searching around here and came up with this part number PT82998-12340.. but when i search the part number it just looks like this Home » Shop » Connectors / Harnesses » Sumitomo » Sumitomo TS / SL Female Terminal 0.5 - 1.25 mm2 ( 20 - 16 AWG ) (courtesy of Buckwheat's post)
Clearly this looks like just a connector and I would have to attach wiring to it? Are there pigtails out there that come prewired? etc etc.. I am installing the Hella lights that "originally" came on one version of the FJ..

Thanks in advance for the help

The forum rocks ! :rocker:

I spend hours reading this stuff, dreaming that one day i'll hit the lotto and be able to mod like you guys do!:cheers:

EDIT: the pigtail i am referring to can be seen on these lights.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2013-T...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43cbe59952&vxp=mtr
They connect right into the factory harness..

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Part of the recall was a new bracket, which probably has a different part number. I'll see if I can find the recall.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
New brackets: PT591-35141-RH and LH
The full recall kit: PT591-35140

Those appear to be the above bumper parts only. I think everything in the bumper is already there, but someone else should confirm that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the part numbers Markarian421! i'll check them out.. Now do you/anyone know about the "pigtails"? or how I can attach the hella 500s to the factory harness?

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Here are links I found to the installation instructions and recall instructions:

2007 Installation Instructions

Recall

From back when I was looking into them for my 2008, @Dynamo wrote:
(Link to original post)
I know this thread is a little old but I was able to get all of the individual parts (except the lights) this past week from trdsparks.com. The part numbers I got were:

PT297-35070-AS - Aux light switch
PT297-35070-SH - Aux light switch harness
PT297-35070-LH - Lamp harness
PT297-89016 - Aux light relay
PT297-35062 - Aux light bumper brackets

For the lights I just got the Hella 500's. I also got some weatherpack connectors to be able to mate the lights to the harness as I wanted to be able to unplug them if needed (versus soldering them together). The 2013 FJ's are still wired to accept the Aux light kit. I'm waiting on the bumper brackets but I already got the switch & harnesses installed and everything worked when I did a function check.
Those brackets would now be replaced by the parts above:
New brackets: PT591-35141-RH and LH
The full recall kit: PT591-35140 (includes brackets, dim bulbs, and bolts or something)

Now I'm thinking about ordering all this stuff so I'm ready to go on my 2014. Can anyone confirm if the 2014 is still pre-wired?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks Markarian - as for the weatherpack connectors.. I'm thinking the connectors that are on the OEM harness (p/n PT297-35070 LH) is the WPS-2 12010973 .. so the mate to that is the WPT-2 12015792 ?

Can anyone verify this?

As for the under the bumper bracket parts - on my 2012 at least.. there is metal backing present .. so im not thinking the extra support is not needed.

EDIT: http://www.whiteproducts.com/connectors.shtml

2nd Edit : forget about this post.. idk what i was thinking!! Maybe these are the p/n 82163-35070 and 82163-35080??

1 - 20 of 70 Posts