Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah, they come every year and have a small group. They have some really cool old willies, and seem to always get along with us on the trails.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, they come every year and have a small group. They have some really cool old willies, and seem to always get along with us on the trails.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
dates are marked and I'm starting to decide how I'm going to do this. I was wanting to start on the 11th around Aspen and try to do as much back roads as possible to reach Summit by Friday night. My plan now is looking more like a day or two shorter and doing trails in and around St. Elmo and Tincup area. But I'm also up for trying to do the pass by the sand dunes and spend one of the night on the dunes, not with our rigs though, for that we would have to start at the North Sand Hills area around the Wyoming border and and star around or before the 11th in order not to feel like we are blazing through stuff.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Since we already have a head start on this, and since it's such a great time every year, and since we'd rather just be freakin living over there in the first place, we'll most likely be there again :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
You can count on TRDParts4U to be there again with some great raffle items. Last year as the Premier sponsor we gave away a TRD bag full of TRD goodies, an ARB Roof Top Tent and a SuperCharger and fit kit worth over $4000!

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I know it is kinda early but there was a lot of talk after last year about people needing a CB tuning class at summit. I know there would be no shortage of people willing to help with it. I figured if we had an area set up the first day by regestration, people could drive over and get tuned real quick.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I know it is kinda early but there was a lot of talk after last year about people needing a CB tuning class at summit. I know there would be no shortage of people willing to help with it. I figured if we had an area set up the first day by regestration, people could drive over and get tuned real quick.
that would be a good ideaom surpized how many people have told me they never have tuned theres, i bought a tuner for $30 so the price isnt the reason not to.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Count me in this year . I'm retiring in April and am planning a 4 to 5 month expedition west of the Mississippi River .
Anyone know of other campgrounds nearby ? Sounds like KOA is full .
Redboat

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Put me down for the Convoy....:cheers:

You can count on TRDParts4U to be there again with some great raffle items. Last year as the Premier sponsor we gave away a TRD bag full of TRD goodies, an ARB Roof Top Tent and a SuperCharger and fit kit worth over $4000!

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Great idea. I say start a separate thread just for this event. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Trying to convince Mrs OC on this one. As for the CB- Peaked and tuned! You can hear me for miles...:D

-OC

·
Registered
84 Posts
Last year was my second summit and loved every minute of it!

I would love to go again this year but I no longer own my FJ, which brings me to my question. If I remember right, last year there were several non-FJ participants in Summit including some trail leaders. What is the consensus around someone joining the FJ Summit that does not have an FJ Cruiser any longer? I of course still own Land Cruisers and they have "FJ" in their names, do I still qualify?

Thanks!

·
Registered
350 Posts
I got dibs on top bunk! :ninja:
top bunk's yours Raggler... :clap: wait, did you mean Woodsman's?

I also would like to try to somehow organize FJ group get togethers for after dinner (off BW to avoid problems). I think there were enough people who would if they had somewhere to go? Just a thought...:cheers:

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
I just thought that I would just room with you and split the bill.. :bigthumb:

Group get togethers (off BW grounds) would be great... As I recall there was a few disturbances (every night) on BW grounds! Those disturbances might have been caused by some "Fireball" but not 100% on that tho! But what I am sure of is a few Texans, One Ragin Cajun, and an Arkansan might have been involved directly...

top bunk's yours Raggler... :clap: wait, did you mean Woodsman's?

I also would like to try to somehow organize FJ group get togethers for after dinner (off BW to avoid problems). I think there were enough people who would if they had somewhere to go? Just a thought...:cheers:

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
Last year was my second summit and loved every minute of it!

I would love to go again this year but I no longer own my FJ, which brings me to my question. If I remember right, last year there were several non-FJ participants in Summit including some trail leaders. What is the consensus around someone joining the FJ Summit that does not have an FJ Cruiser any longer? I of course still own Land Cruisers and they have "FJ" in their names, do I still qualify?

Thanks!
to my understanding, if its toyota its ok
Actually, it really doesn't even matter what you drive.
This question comes up every year, and it's a good one to address...

Yes, it's an event dedicated to the FJ Cruiser and FJ Cruiser enthusiasts. However, if the only thing someone owns is a Jeep, yet they're genuinely enthusiastic about the FJ and want to hang out with other FJ enthusiasts for the weekend, then I can't imagine they'd be turned away. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
When does registration start or did I miss it ?
Redboat

21 - 40 of 150 Posts