Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Just because there are no group options doesn't mean that you can't pick a trail and run it with a couple other stragglers. Sometimes that's more fun anyway.:bigthumb:
I know, plus I live in Colorado, ouray is only a few hundred miles away!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on the new place. Good luck on that.

Sounds like exactly what I'm wanting to do as well.
Nice lineup. :bigthumb:
Cool!~
Pins and needles waiting on the financing(still have to sell this house HA!)
Also stuffing Swag bags on Tuesday, and Registration Wed. Am...
Come on SUMMAtime! :lol:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Poughkeepsie can be done stock mostly; but be prepared for the worse case scenario. If you haven't done the Alpine Loop before you should look into that. I did Alpine last year and it was fun but kind of longer; good lunch stop along the way in a small town.
Alpine Loop we did. We registered very late last year, and nothing really was left...
We were able to switch up, upon checking in, so, keep that in mind for trails you want, but aren't available right now.
Also, looks like timewise, they are only offering one start time, which I suppose will turn into a few more...since last year, there were various start times per trail. "

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
Poughkeepsie can be done stock mostly; but be prepared for the worse case scenario. If you haven't done the Alpine Loop before you should look into that. I did Alpine last year and it was fun but kind of longer; good lunch stop along the way in a small town.
Poughkeepsie is the rockiest of the sponsored trails. The river crossing just before the Wall was one of the trickier places for those without armor. There is a fair chance you might get some scratches underneath ... but quite doable in stock setup.

·
Registered
676 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
this may sound like a broken record but I have seem to have lost my password to get on to the Summit site to change my trails, I would have you guys send it to my e-mail but that would only work if I remembered the password for that one...go figure, is there any way to send it to PM me on the forum with it? Sorry and thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
this may sound like a broken record but I have seem to have lost my password to get on to the Summit site to change my trails, I would have you guys send it to my e-mail but that would only work if I remembered the password for that one...go figure, is there any way to send it to PM me on the forum with it? Sorry and thanks again!
Email [email protected] from a different email address and let us know what email address you used for registration.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I am really interested in going this year (my first one) -- but I'll have a wife and three kids that won't want to go wheeling every day.

Is there anything for them to do in Ouray while I am out on the trails?

·
Premium Member
6,607 Posts
There is the public spa pool at the end of town. otherwise, they can rent a jeep and do other stuff besides off roading.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts
I am really interested in going this year (my first one) -- but I'll have a wife and three kids that won't want to go wheeling every day.

Yep....there's
the hot springs pool like he said,
a park with playground set,
lots and lots of shops to check out, including candy stores, a rock/fossil shop, jewelry, clothing, books, art, kitchen, crafts, and a glass place where you can stand and watch the glass blower at work as he explains the process,
a different neato place to eat lunch every day,
Lower Cascade Falls on the northeast side of town,
Box Canyon Falls on the southwest side of town,
two different overlooks that you can drive or walk to,
at least a handful of great, short-ish hikes from trailheads right in town,
the 'baby bathtubs' on the southest side of town,
a mine tour a couple miles north of town,
a movie about the San Juans at a theater right downtown,
and on and on (I know I'm leaving out all kinds of stuff)...

I really think they should consider going over Imogene Pass with you though. It's not really so much like 'off-roading' as it is about a nice drive on a mostly gravel road through some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen.

Still, if they just stay in town, there's plenty to keep them occupied and enjoying their time in Ouray for the week.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yep....there's
the hot springs pool like he said,
a park with playground set,
lots and lots of shops to check out, including candy stores, a rock/fossil shop, jewelry, clothing, books, art, kitchen, crafts, and a glass place where you can stand and watch the glass blower at work as he explains the process,
a different neato place to eat lunch every day,
Lower Cascade Falls on the northeast side of town,
Box Canyon Falls on the southwest side of town,
two different overlooks that you can drive or walk to,
at least a handful of great, short-ish hikes from trailheads right in town,
the 'baby bathtubs' on the southest side of town,
a mine tour a couple miles north of town,
a movie about the San Juans at a theater right downtown,
and on and on (I know I'm leaving out all kinds of stuff)...

I really think they should consider going over Imogene Pass with you though. It's not really so much like 'off-roading' as it is about a nice drive on a mostly gravel road through some of the most beautiful land I've ever seen.

Still, if they just stay in town, there's plenty to keep them occupied and enjoying their time in Ouray for the week.
That sounds awesome....thanks for the "ammunition"!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts

Well, if my wife and 3 year old daughter decide to go they can get together and hang out. With or without them, I'm going ;) This will be my first summit too. I just got my FJ end of March.

Update: We're registered and staying at the Best Western. I'm excited!!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well, if my wife and 3 year old daughter decide to go they can get together and hang out. With or without them, I'm going ;) This will be my first summit too. I just got my FJ end of March.

Update: We're registered and staying at the Best Western. I'm excited!!
Good for you. My wife is ready now, but I am struggling to get the $$$!

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
213 Vehicles and 443 People
as of 3:03 AM, May 11, 2012

Only 24 more vehicles can register for the 2012 FJ Summit!

:eek:

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Worth posting again.

TRDParts4U is excited about being the Title Sponsor once again! Last year we gave away over $7000 in prizes.

Please consider www.trdparts4u.com when shopping for all your pre-summit needs. We appreciate your continued support. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Worth posting again.

TRDParts4U is excited about being the Title Sponsor once again! Last year we gave away over $7000 in prizes.

Please consider www.trdparts4u.com when shopping for all your pre-summit needs. We appreciate your continued support. :bigthumb:
I ordered a new rear suspension for my truck from ya'll for this trip. Thanks!

101 - 120 of 150 Posts