Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Summit is about a month away, and the Summit team hasn't replied to my last two emails (12/06/2012 and 07/06/2012).

At this point there is no way I am going to be able to have the badges done in time. :(

Sorry folks, it was a pleasure to support and attend this event in the years past. I'm not quite sure what happened, but Ellis Precision was not put on the sponsors list this year. For those that are new to the forum, Ellis Precision donated an official, serialized grille badge for each registered vehicle from 2007 to 2011.

Hopefully the Summit Team has something else up their sleeves along these lines to commemorate the event for 2012 Summiteers. Regardless, the memories you create at the Summit will last a lifetime!

I would really like to thank Vince Peterson (many of you know him as Volhoo) for his exceptional badge designs. Vince is a professional designer with years of experience. We are very fortunate that he drives an FJ and was kind enough to donate his services as well. Without his designs, there would have been nothing for Ellis Precision to donate in the first place! Once Bostonian1976 had the idea for the first ever Summit Grille Badge back in 2007, Vince took it away and made it a reality. Without the artwork, the badge is nothing but a slab of machined aluminum.

This years badge would have been another beauty, all thanks to Vince's eye for design! I was looking forward to seeing them in real life.

Thanks again Vince. I hope to work with you on some more FJ related art! :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
...the Summit team hasn't replied to my last two emails (12/06/2012 and 07/06/2012)...
Maybe it's because they haven't gotten them yet!! On a side note, can I borrow your time machine some time?? :rofl:

But seriously, this is a bummer. Who would turn down free swag?! Especially cool, collectible, commemorative swag?!?!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
:mecry::mecry::mecry: Whaaaaaaaat?????
Man I was looking forward to having your art on my grill!
I kind of thought that was the one thing that was definitely going to be in the goodie bag.
Your grill badges go with FJ summit as do beer with pizza!
I am speechless they are not a part of this years summit.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I was looking forward to adding to the collection and maybe placing a custom order with you

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Now how am I supposed to prove I actually have been to a FJ Summit??:mecry:

I was really looking forward to earning "The Badge"!! My grill will just have to stay naked!:simmadown:

I just want to cry!:mecry:

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Perhaps they have a badge from a different source. I think the one that Vince and Joel did looks great, it's unfortunate.:boohoo:
Possibly! We all do know that Joel and Vince make some great badges! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps they have a badge from a different source. I think the one that Vince and Joel did looks great, it's unfortunate.:boohoo:
That would have been nice to know after 5 years and well over 1000 badges, but I do hope you are right.

Possibly! We all do know that Joel and Vince make some great badges! :bigthumb:
Thank you! :)

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Thanks for all the love Joel - you are the man.

I for one really appreciate all the time, expense and effort you have put into these badges and the FJ community over the years.

Happy trails...

:cheers:

-

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the love Joel - you are the man.

I for one really appreciate all the time, expense and effort you have put into these badges and the FJ community over the years.

Happy trails...

:cheers:

-

Thank YOU Vince. :cheers:

And it really sucks that the Summit folks didn't contact you... what's up with that!!!??? You've been loyal since 2007!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
We were in contact before this, not sure what happened.

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Nice badge, to bad it won't be available.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I think its time for the Summit crew to step up and tell us what happened! My friends at Rest Stop told me that they were going to be at the Summit also and they are not on the sponsors page either. OK guys what gives?

·
Registered
27 Posts
As one member of the FJ Summit team, I wanted to jump in here and offer our public thanks to both Joel and Vince for their exceptional badges and design work. We have had absolutely glowing reviews for the grill badges, and have nothing but positive comments about the badge workmanship and design.

The Summit co-directors are quite consumed, as always, with the planning of this event. Accommodating vendors, registrants, waiting list, revisions, insurance, tents, meals, trails, volunteers, signage, shirts, bags, and all of the other details with the event is very time consuming, and sometimes we take longer to respond than any of us would like.

It was not our intention to cut out a generous sponsor, and I'm sorry if it got interpreted like that. Sometimes breakdowns in communication to happen, and it can leave things in a state of confusion. In fact, we were discussing details with Joel last week, but I dropped the ball on the last email (out of town, busy with work, sick, other poor excuses), and I'm afraid the email silence was taken in the worst way. There was a misunderstanding between us on his sponsorship interest that hadn't been resolved yet, and if that caused any hard feelings I truly am sorry.

It's true we have looked at alternate sources of badges, just as we've looked at alternate sources for many aspects of the Summit. We do this to make sure that we keep costs in line and to be ready with contingencies.

We want all of the Summit attendees know that we will have a grill badge, as Vince designed, as planned. We will continue to work with our sponsors behind the scenes to reach the best solution.

Sponsor support and generosity, including all the years of tremendous support from Joel, is something we appreciate deeply, and I apologize for any feelings to the contrary.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts