Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here we are again. I have had a major relocation due to my business and as such my precious FJ is just sitting in my driveway, waiting to be loved.

I have had the truck just under a year. I searched two years to find this truck. Current mileage is at 54K area. Will increase with limited driving.

Truck has upgraded tires and wheels. 3” lift.

Everything else is stock.

I am third owner from what I can identify.

$30K

Oklahoma City, OK

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Good morning,

My cousin is interested. Do you have an phone number or email he can contact you? He isn't a member of this forum.

1) Do you have the original TT wheels?
2) Is the spare on the hatch a TT wheel, or the other wheels you have on the car?
3) Where is the vehicle located?
4) maintenance records?
5) Paint work/accidents?
6) Clean title?
7) Any lien on it?
8) Do you have any undercarriage pics to show if any rust?
9) does the car have the TT sliders? Those steps are not what the 12 TT comes with.
10) Did you install the aftermarket tow hitch?
11) What did you use (components) wise to do the 3" lift? Do you have the OEM springs/Bilsteins?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All great questions.

See below.

1) Do you have the original TT wheels? This vehicle was impacted by the production issues during the earthquake tsunami in Japan. As such there was a limited production of TRD wheels and these are the sub wheels that were installed. So there are no TRD wheels that came with this unit.

2) Is the spare on the hatch a TT wheel, or the other wheels you have on the car? It is the same wheel as shown.

3) Where is the vehicle located? Oklahoma City, OK

4) maintenance records? I’ve only done one oil change since purchase, 6K miles. All other were done at the dealership where I purchased it.

5) Paint work/accidents? None.

6) Clean title? Yes.

7) Any lien on it?Yes.

8) Do you have any undercarriage pics to show if any rust? Can provide, no rust shown when purchased last year.

9) does the car have the TT sliders? Those steps are not what the 12 TT comes with. These were what was installed upon my purchase.

10) Did you install the aftermarket tow hitch? Was installed prior to my purchase.

11) What did you use (components) wise to do the 3" lift? Do you have the OEM springs/Bilsteins?Installed by original owner. I do not have any other components.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks for the response. I received your PM with your number and have shared it with my cousin. He will be in touch tomorrow

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
This part is interesting.

1) Do you have the original TT wheels? This vehicle was impacted by the production issues during the earthquake tsunami in Japan. As such there was a limited production of TRD wheels and these are the sub wheels that were installed. So there are no TRD wheels that came with this unit.

Never say never....but this is the first time I have ever seen or heard this for the '12 TT model. If you have documentation showing these are the delivered wheels with OEM '12 TTSE, that would be a very unique story and make this a bit of a one of a kind.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,569 Posts
"Current mileage in the 54K area", but the pic shows 48K. Please change the pic or the post.

They all appear to be car dealer lot pictures. Are they from when you purchased it a year ago?

I'm with SilvFx on the wheel issue. You're not the original owner and I don't buy into anything Tsunami/Earthquake Urban Legend related unless you have the original documentation stating such.

Please post current photo's with the spare cover removed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Never say never....but this is the first time I have ever seen or heard this for the '12 TT model. If you have documentation showing these are the delivered wheels with OEM '12 TTSE, that would be a very unique story and make this a bit of a one of a kind.
I am looking for the story, but as a previous TTUE owner I was well aware the wheels were not the typical TRDs that are normally on a TT. I am almost positive it was here on the forum that I read the story. So I am using the search function.

Not being the original owner as another mod stated, I am only referring to what I was able to find about the wheels prior to purchasing the unit.

Bottom line, these are the wheels that are on the truck. If not what you’re good with, no worries.

They are dealer car lot photos. Is that something that is excluded from posting? If we have that rule, I missed it. Also, I’ll remove the photo of the odometer, but like I stated, the unit now has 54K. Should I update the photo after each time I drive it to ensure the mileage matches? The photo was to show the dash, not to validate the miles.

I joined this forum in 2006, 14 years ago next month and long before anyone else on this thread. If my post is a problem, I‘ll move on.

I was posting on a forum I’ve supported for a long time and that I thought was about FJ owners and those who may want to be one.

·
A-Team Moderator
9,569 Posts
You're stating something as fact and posting old pictures, that are not representative of what you are selling. You've been on here long enough to know better that we're just keeping it honest for the unknowing that may come along.

And yes, there is a strict rule on no car dealerships. How do we know who you work for? So why not post the best ad that you can to move it as quickly as possible?

Thanks and Good Luck

·
Premium Member
4,171 Posts
I'm with SilvFx on the wheel issue. You're not the original owner and I don't buy into anything Tsunami/Earthquake Urban Legend related unless you have the original documentation stating such.
Not urban legend.
Some TT 2012s came with different wheels and no roof rack.
They all were ordered with the roof rack air dams/lights, wheels, etc and the uproar in Japan effected delivery dates and parts added at the port.

The reason I know this is we had a 2008 TT at the time. Ordered a 2012, sold the 2008, then waited on the 2012 for 4 months. The dealer was getting all the stories from Toyota about TT parts missing.

Good luck with the sale OP

·
Registered
2012 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams
1 Posts
Oh the dealer salesperson said so, kind of like mine telling me about my "Hawaii Special Edition". Documented proof or it's hearsay/urban legend. ;) :ROFLMAO:
I have a 2012 TT Limited Edition and I haven't heard about the Tsunami, but I do know that Toyota had issues with the wheels. They were on back order for a few months so there was a delay in getting my FJ. I work for Toyota, so I should know. I have the rock rails on mine and not the running boards that you have. It also looks like you have an aftermarket hitch and exhaust. Not sure why you would have another exhaust with relatively low mileage (I have 80K on mine and the exhaust is just fine, a little rusty but fine). This truck looks good....almost too good for something coming out of mid-west weather....hmmm.

·
Registered
27 Posts

Um, here is a pic of my 2012 TT which had like 3 miles on the odometer when I poicked it up in south Austin, Tx, and I had to have that goofy non standard but great skid plate trailer hitch installed (says "Toyota" right on it) as opposed to the hidden factory hitch. Mine did not have the TRD hub inserts either. Plus, It is a totally different wheel - but "similar" - Gulf States was the importer and I have all the paperrs.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Um, here is a pic of my 2012 TT which had like 3 miles on the odometer when I poicked it up in south Austin, Tx, and I had to have that goofy non standard but great skid plate trailer hitch installed (says "Toyota" right on it) as opposed to the hidden factory hitch. Mine did not have the TRD hub inserts either. Plus, It is a totally different wheel - but "similar" - Gulf States was the importer and I have all the paperrs. View attachment 1122776
Awesome that you have documentation showing the unique wheels as delivered as this tends to make your 2012 TTSE unique amongst a unique model to begin with. Question still remains for the original poster however about the provenance of his FJ and the wheels. They look like the 4runner and Tacoma wheels except they are a gunmetal gray....so they may be truly unique OEM wheels as well like you have indicated about yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Um, here is a pic of my 2012 TT which had like 3 miles on the odometer when I poicked it up in south Austin, Tx, and I had to have that goofy non standard but great skid plate trailer hitch installed (says "Toyota" right on it) as opposed to the hidden factory hitch. Mine did not have the TRD hub inserts either. Plus, It is a totally different wheel - but "similar" - Gulf States was the importer and I have all the paperrs. View attachment 1122776
My 2012 TT has the same wheels as you. I assumed they were aftermarket, but could not figure out the brand to save my life. Turns out maybe they are stock?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts