Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe someone who really knows about the FJ electronics would know why a couple things I'm checking out online are listed as compatible with the 2012 FJ but not the 2013, which is what I have. I had assumed the two model years were identical in every way.

I'm in the process of replacing every possible light bulb with LED's. I've just replaced the front flashers and want to fix the "hyper flash" issue without installing resisters inline and came across this adjustable relay:

Speed Adjustable 8 Pin LED Flasher Assy Relay Fix Turn Signal For Toyota Lexus | eBay

It's listed as incompatible with the 2013.

I'm also interested if anyone here has replaced their old relays with solid-state controllers. I really like the idea of having some of the new LED's not connected to circuitry from the last century...and even making them dimmable and completely controllable if it doesn't cost a fortune.

I'm checking out this Remote Start Kit that they're claiming will not work with a 2013 FJ:

Complete Remote Start Fits Select Toyota Vehicles [2003-2013] Use Your OEM Fobs! | eBay

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
They're the same, with the exception of things like CRAWL control.

They simply stopped caring about updating their compatibility ratings after 2012. That's all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts