Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,157 Posts
The FJ held up really great once again. Glad you were okay.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks everyone. Yeah I'm fine. My neck was a bit stiff the rest of that day but after that it was cool.

Beanie I remember your rig at the MT event. I was going to go look at the pics I took but remembered they were on my phone where there was an unfortunate micro SD card snapping in half incident.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Red Dawn, love that movie. Great rig, sorry about the accident but good to see you and your bumper are okay

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Oh man! I'm sorry this happened to you! I agree, the guy was probably texting. Every time I see people doing that I lay on the horn. They passed laws in Oregon but I never see them enforced. :flame:

Looks like the FJ will recover nicely, and I'm certainly glad you're ok! :cheers:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Oh man! I'm sorry this happened to you! I agree, the guy was probably texting. Every time I see people doing that I lay on the horn. They passed laws in Oregon but I never see them enforced. :flame:

Looks like the FJ will recover nicely, and I'm certainly glad you're ok! :cheers:
Yeah thanks. I think everything will be good. I hate that I had it for only 6 weeks when it happened. I guess I don't have to worry about my first scratch now, huh. I see people messing with their phones every day on the way to work. They don't care about the laws. I can't say that this guy was doing that but he definitely wasn't watching the road.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Sorry to see your rig banged up like that. Looks like the ARB bumper saved you from some getting damaged worse than it was.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Red Dawn, love that movie. Great rig, sorry about the accident but good to see you and your bumper are okay
Thanks Rocketfish. Red Dawn is a good one. Too bad the remake will blow. Dig the Magnum P.I.

Awesome start!
Glad nothing got too busted up playing bumper cars. Any freeway wreck you walk or drive away from is a good day.
Thanks Jeremy. I'm trying to not do mine just like yours although it's tough when your build is so nice.

Sorry to see your rig banged up like that. Looks like the ARB bumper saved you from some getting damaged worse than it was.
Thanks TierHawg. Yeah when I got hit I said out loud, "You got to be kidding." I just got this bumper. I guess it was just good timing. :)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What was your final damage tally? A crumpled license plate?
Ha, well it was much more than I figured. Replaced back door, paint, hitch, replaced spare TRD black wheel (it had a small gouge in it), replaced ARB bumper, labor = $5500.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I didn't. The insurance company did. The body shop said that the mounting brackets were bent slightly to the left, the stone guard was also bent, and the bumper itself had several gouges in the powdercoating. In hindsight I should have just taken the money, tried to straighten out the brackets myself, and ordered a new stone guard. Everything is back to new though so I'm ok with it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
WP Rack Insert Install

Well, after several months of doing nothing because I'm a wuss and my garage is cold I finally installed my Warrior Products FJ Cruiser Drop In Cargo Basket for the OEM FJC rack. This doubles the carrying capacity of the rack to 300 lbs. It's a pretty easy install.

The first thing is to remove the OEM crossbars.

Here's how the rack comes out of the box.

Install the side brackets. Some measuring for the back ones but very easy.

One thing I had to take care of right away is the "bling delete". WP puts their logo on a chrome diamond plate cutout and rivets it to the front. I hate chrome diamond plate. It had to go. I just drilled out the rivets. I guess I can hang it in the garage.

Now, it does stick up a bit over the top of the OEM rack...and the OEM rack was very close to my garage door opening anyway. Now it touches the rubber weatherstripping and I have to drive toward the center of he garage door opening because there is a stupid ornamental curve in the door opening. The price you have to pay I guess. I only park one vehicle in here at a time anyway.

Here are the pictures of it done. I'm looking forward to using it this summer when I run part of the WABDR. Interior room is always nice to free up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Ha, I never thought about that. Blackout hood decal with the guy cut out.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thanks dorton and nkybrad. I just can't wait to actually take it out and start using it. I'm going to the Oregon Dunes for the FJC Beach Run at the end of the month and going into the WA Cascades in July with a couple of short trips in between.

You can throw all of the parts at it all you want but until you actually have the transfer case lever in some position with a "4" in it, it's all just playing with a large dress-up doll. :)

21 - 40 of 74 Posts