Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Nice build thus far. I am glad to see someone building a 2012 TT. It is my fav second to my Sun Fusion. Great job and I look forward to any futur progress.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #62

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Cross post from the camping thread my trip to S. WA Cascades.

Did a tour of Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Rainier in Washington for 4 days the first week of August.

French Butte, Washington Cascades

Mt. St. Helens

On the way to camping close to Mt. Rainier

Mt. Rainier, 4th day, about to head home. One last group shot.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Looks great! My next FJ will either be a red or cement TT. Love both colors.

You've done a nice job with your mods. I've been mixed on the ARB bumper. Some rigs it looks too bulky and big, but on yours it looks perfect!

Nice scenic shots! Love seeing the FJ in its element.

:cheers:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Looks great! My next FJ will either be a red or cement TT. Love both colors.

You've done a nice job with your mods. I've been mixed on the ARB bumper. Some rigs it looks too bulky and big, but on yours it looks perfect!

Nice scenic shots! Love seeing the FJ in its element.

:cheers:
Thanks a lot for the kind words. If I couldn't have the red I'd also go for the cement or the army green.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Awning added about a week after the rack.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I looked and researched for years on a rear drawer for the FJC. Thought about building one using the plans from @Dennx Rear Cargo Drawer Build Thread as I really like how those turn out. But I don't have any wood working type tools. Looked at the Tuffy and ARB drawers and they were all quite nice. Decided on the Front Runner FJ Cruiser Rear Drawer. I liked how the deck was laid out with the removable panels so you could still get to your jack opening, etc.

It comes in quite the solid packaging. The box is built around the drawer for shipping.

Unpacked. Need to add the deck supports.

It just uses turnbuckles on the factory tie downs.

Here's a pro tip that took me about 30 minutes to figure out. The turnbuckles were too long and I couldn't tighten them up. If you make sure that your tie downs are all installed with the D-ring as far away as possible, it works. So after flipping all of mine around, I could tighten the turnbuckles up.

With the deck and eye bolts added.

It's one big drawer with no dividers so I'm going to use some smaller Rubbermaid plastic containers inside the drawer for the small loose stuff. So far, I like it a lot.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Replaced my ARB Touring Rack with a flat Front Runner Slimline II Rack.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Upgraded from my older ARB sliders to my new MetalTech 2 stage sliders. I'm not sure if they even make these any more but they are awesome.

Old ARB sliders which worked great for years. (BTW, these will be for sale.)

Adding the new MetalTech sliders.

No more door dings.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Where did you purchase these sliders? I was interested in these a while back but metal tech removed them from there website. Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Where did you purchase these sliders? I was interested in these a while back but metal tech removed them from there website. Thanks
Yeah, I bought them "used" from a fellow forum member over 1.5 years ago. He had only had them installed for a month before he sold his FJ. So they were really brand new. I just now installed them. I saw that they weren't listed on their site anymore but that they have a different version of the 2 stage sliders.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
After 2.5 years of sitting in my garage, I finally installed the ultra-beefy @Iconic_ rear recovery points I bought from him way back when. I had even painted them around a year ago. I think you'd pull the frame apart before you broke these things.

And what they look like with a shackle (not that you'd ever do this, the noise would drive you crazy).

61 - 74 of 74 Posts