Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The time has come for the Seventh Annual Thrill on the Hill in Cloudcroft, NM. Join us at one of the most beautiful parts of New Mexico for a thrilling, family packed weekend of Four Wheelin’ and fun in the cool mountain air of Cloudcroft, NM on August 30th- September 2nd, 2013! The event is open to FJ Cruisers and other Toyota 4X4’s. This event is being sponsored by Desert Sun Toyota, FJCruiserforums.com, All Pro Off-Road.com, FJCForums.com,MetalTech4x4.com, ToyTecLifts.com, and Demello, along with several other key sponsors. The trail types will vary from scenic to moderate and include some pretty advanced wheeling! Registration will be $95 per vehicle entry. This will include free camping, RV's, tent camping with showers etc., 2 nights of BBQ’s, two nights of live entertainment, Event T-shirt, and one of the BEST FJ events in the South West!!!

There is a maximum of 100 vehicles this year for the event. The campground/base camp is the Camp of the Tall Pines in Weed, NM. We will be open Thursday, August 29th for early arrivals. For more information please visit the Thrill on the Hill 2013 website or contact Brandon Burling, Colin Finigan or Rachael Lucero at (575) 437-7530.
Click here to visit our site and begin your enrollment!!

P.S. Registration will end on August 15th. Please get yours in ASAP!!

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
Registered. Looking forward to this event!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,620 Posts
This sounds fun, but looking at the title I don't think I'll be alive that far in the future unfortunately.

20113 TOTH Official Announcment

·
Registered
193 Posts
So, according to google maps this place is 20 miles from Cloudcroft... is there anything else around? Just wondering if there will be enough to keep the wife and 5 kids occupied while I wheel.

·
Registered
868 Posts
So, according to google maps this place is 20 miles from Cloudcroft... is there anything else around? Just wondering if there will be enough to keep the wife and 5 kids occupied while I wheel.
Send them to downtown Ruidoso. Tons to do there.......edit I just realized how far apart the 2 places are, may not be a good idea.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The question is whether or not there is anything for my family to do around the campground... not whether or not we can drive 20 miles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
We are heading to Colorado this Friday and will be in Summit in Ouray next week! Looking forward to that. Then, we are VERY excited about TOTH! These two are my first at either and I know both are going to be a great experience! Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from you on the trail!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
The question is whether or not there is anything for my family to do around the campground... not whether or not we can drive 20 miles.

Ruidoso is a fun little town. I think your wife and kids would like it. It is really not that far away from the camp grounds (an hour or two). When I did the event one year, I would drive to my parents place in Ruidoso and back for trail rides the next morning.

·
Supporting Vendor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At the camp, they have a Disk Golf coarse, horse back riding and hiking. Also, in Cloudcroft they have lots of shops and things to do as well. Alamogordo has White Sands National Monument which they would really enjoy. There will be lots of kids of all ages around the camp for your kids to play with. In the evening we have activities just for the kids to do. So I hope they will all come and have a blast.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
At the camp, they have a Disk Golf coarse, horse back riding and hiking. Also, in Cloudcroft they have lots of shops and things to do as well. Alamogordo has White Sands National Monument which they would really enjoy. There will be lots of kids of all ages around the camp for your kids to play with. In the evening we have activities just for the kids to do. So I hope they will all come and have a blast.
I just pulled up google maps and saw that White sands is only 35 miles from Cloudcroft! I have not been there in I guess 35 years! Will there be time for a quick visit during TOTH? Think I'll stop at carlsbad caverns on myb way home after Toth too! This is shaping up to be a grand trip!

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
If you're going to Carlsbad, stop in Roswell for the UFO Museum. Very much worth the stop. Something definitely happened there - not sure what - but something happened. :alfdance:

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Good point Brandon. There are kids running around all over the campgrounds doing whatever kids do (I am too old to remember).

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Brandon, Patti and I will be there this year. Have to meet up with the Hornsfan, I promised. Most likely will bring anything AP donates. I can offer some discounts on trailers if that helps any. Let me know.

Bob

·
Supporting Vendor
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Brandon, Patti and I will be there this year. Have to meet up with the Hornsfan, I promised. Most likely will bring anything AP donates. I can offer some discounts on trailers if that helps any. Let me know.

Bob
Great to hear Bob! Looking forward to seeing you again! If you would like to donate some certificates, that would be great. Can you email the details to me at [email protected] so that I can put you down on our sponsor list?

Brandon

1 - 20 of 121 Posts