21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm representing el Paso. See you there

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Not sure what day we are leaving, but most likely on Wednesday. Will let you know after I speak with the boss. Maybe going alone on this one, as she is going on a cruise the next weekend.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I signed up...finally after 7 years of wanting an FJ, I bought one a few weeks ago...now it is time to use it for what it was intended and my wife loves the mountains...so we are going! My questions are...if anyone could help me out since I am new at this...

1. Do I need a cb radio for this?
2. Do I need to bring extra gas for those long trail drives?

I will be coming in my 2013 Trail Teams edition and do not plan to get too crazy with it, just want to get up in the mountains and desert and have a little fun! Just wondering if there is anything I absolutely need for this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I signed up...finally after 7 years of wanting an FJ, I bought one a few weeks ago...now it is time to use it for what it was intended and my wife loves the mountains...so we are going! My questions are...if anyone could help me out since I am new at this...

1. Do I need a cb radio for this?
2. Do I need to bring extra gas for those long trail drives?

I will be coming in my 2013 Trail Teams edition and do not plan to get too crazy with it, just want to get up in the mountains and desert and have a little fun! Just wondering if there is anything I absolutely need for this?

Thanks!
You should have a CB radio as it allows contact on the trails. There is no real need. Just fill up each day. I carry 2 Jerry cans which is total of 10.5 gallons of gas so if ou are around me and run out, I can get you enough to get you back. So by all means, get a CB installed and you will be happier.

·
Registered
265 Posts
You should have a CB radio as it allows contact on the trails. There is no real need. Just fill up each day. I carry 2 Jerry cans which is total of 10.5 gallons of gas so if ou are around me and run out, I can get you enough to get you back. So by all means, get a CB installed and you will be happier.
Thanks for the input! My CB is on order...Cobra 75WXST from Amazon and the Big Bill Combo from Walcott with their new stainless steel Bandi type mount! That will be a fun project next week! I am still trying to talk myself out of ordering a FJ Baja Rack and Baja fuel can holders...

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Now that Summit is over, it is time to look forward to TOTH! I signed up the day they opened registration! I plan to be there as early as I can on that Thursday. I'm looking forward to seeing those I know and those I don't! I'm sure this will be a great event like Summit was, just smaller! Looking very forward to it all!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
TRDparts4u is now an official sponsor of TOTH. :bigthumb:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:cheers:

dale

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the input! My CB is on order...Cobra 75WXST from Amazon and the Big Bill Combo from Walcott with their new stainless steel Bandi type mount! That will be a fun project next week! I am still trying to talk myself out of ordering a FJ Baja Rack and Baja fuel can holders...
BajaRack is running 10% discount right now. Use "FJSummit" discount code when u check out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Steve, Aspen Trails Trailers also be a sponsor for the FJ Thrill on the Hill and the Jeep Thrill on the Hill. May have two trailers there, not sure yet. I think I will be coming in quite early. Will leave early to miss the traffic out of LA and return the day after the event. May end up doing some testing around there.

Bob

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Thanks, I will look into that...need to break into the piggy bank and find some cash! That will at least pay for half of the shipping charge...it is crazy...
Hey,

Right now we are in Richland, MO. I'm running back and forth to Abilene, TX. What rack are you looking for?

PM me and lets talk.

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey,

Right now we are in Richland, MO. I'm running back and forth to Abilene, TX. What rack are you looking for?

PM me and lets talk.

cheers,

dale
Dale...Just ordered from TRDparts4u after I found a 10% off coupon for them...thanks anyway! Shipping was cheaper per landy's comment! Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Premium Member
9,334 Posts
21 - 40 of 121 Posts