Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TBD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 FJ Cruiser

Not silver, but grey. Higher mileage than I'd like, but going to look at this tonight. Looking for any feedback/thoughts/things I should look for on something like this.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pretty high miles.. Where its from, rust?? what preventative maintenance has been done? What conditions are the rubber bushings in all suspension components? Could still be a good deal, but ultimately up to you if its worth it. Would have a mechanic check transmission/engine stuff out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Definitely go see and drive it. The more FJs looked at the better.

Is this a no negotiation place like Carmax? The price seems high for the mileage. Alot of people will pay a premium for the Trail Teams but personally I don't see the extra value versus a well optioned base version unless you really hate the white roof. Especially since this one has been modified.

For that price the underside better be pristine with almost no rust and have extensive service records.

Over 30,000 miles per year. An FJ seems a strange choice for a high mile lifestyle.

·
Premium Member
2013 Trail Teams #181/2500<>< <*((^(((><
162 Posts
On the bright side... The majority of the miles maybe highway miles? Look at the Carfax and you may me able to connect the dots. Sometimes looking at the brake and gas pedal wear will indicate if the FJ did a lot of city driving. I have the same FJ. Good luck!

<>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

·
Registered
38 Posts
2013 FJ Cruiser

Not silver, but grey. Higher mileage than I'd like, but going to look at this tonight. Looking for any feedback/thoughts/things I should look for on something like this.

That looks like a high price to me, given the miles and the accident reported. I'd say definitley go look at it, but I think you can do better for your money with some patience.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
TBD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick feedback. It really helped.

There was definitely some rust on the undercarriage, not a lot but was some. This was the dealership owner’s personal vehicle. He and his team customized it for him and he obviously has a lot of pride in that (which is totally fine.). He repeated several times that all the mods were “top of the line.” Some of the mods (interior ones) looked a little half-assed, which made me concerned about the more important ones.

I’m passing on this one. It was a good experience. Just need to be patient, which is not my forte 😂

·
Registered
491 Posts
Raleigh craigslist has a listing for one with 200,000 less miles for same money. (unless it's being misrepresented)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Way to much money for the mileage :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
What dealership owner has time to drive those miles, haha.
Yes, there are better ones out there, glad you're keeping you patience about it. It would need no rust, no wreck, impeccable records and about $17,000 before I'd raise a brow ;)
GL!

·
Registered
10 Posts
2013 FJ Cruiser

At least its an honest vehicle, but I'm sorry too much for a vehicle with half the mileage. I bought a 2014 cement grey with 65K for $27,000 last November. It was clean as hell! If you're in a hurry, stop! Take a breath, there are good clean vehicles out there just be picky.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow. I've only got 120 or so on my '13 TT. And that price is crazy. I only paid like 31k brand new, so mine has to be worth atleast 28 or 29k with lower miles at that price lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts