Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
10,273 Posts
Looks like it is because of new CARB and EPA regulations...Maybe Canada is just complying with the strictest regs?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
48,352 Posts
So are you one of those strange people that run around with the "Bingo" bag full of markers and snacks and an obsession for that game?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
If it's a Canadian FJ. It may be a built in Bong. Just throw a bowl in it and it will automatically circulate through the vents :) I will have to check if my 13 TT has this.
:rofl: :rofl:

Yours should have it. It's not just a Canadian thing. My TT has it as well.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
My 13 doesnt, just went and looked again. Emission components often differ between CA and the rest of the US market and Canada. Not sure which of those three my 13 is because I dont feel like prying open the drivers door to look at the mfg data plate (its a roll over).
I think most/all of the 13's are selling with 50 state emissions.

·
Premium Member
6,543 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just curious.... What's annoying about it?

DEWFPO
If you don't think about it nothing! :lol: I don't think emissions wise it really does much (especially because I'm in Arizona where cold isn't a problem). They added an extra air pump near the PS reservoir. This means that putting the 2nd battery in front of the airbox or moving the windshield wiper fluid to that location is no longer an option. We have have a hole in our headers on both sides, with new value motors. It limits our upgrade options header wise. The tundra folks apparently have a huge problem with this system breaking after warranty and it's not cheap to fix. So I guess I'm bothered by the fact that it has limited some of my upgrade paths and it just adds another complex system that will break for what I consider no real good reason. If it breaks you get a CEL but I can only hope it doesn't limp mode the ECU.

·
Premium Member
6,543 Posts
If you don't think about it nothing! :lol: I don't think emissions wise it really does much (especially because I'm in Arizona where cold isn't a problem). They added an extra air pump near the PS reservoir. This means that putting the 2nd battery in front of the airbox or moving the windshield wiper fluid to that location is no longer an option. We have have a hole in our headers on both sides, with new value motors. It limits our upgrade options header wise. The tundra folks apparently have a huge problem with this system breaking after warranty and it's not cheap to fix. So I guess I'm bothered by the fact that it has limited some of my upgrade paths and it just adds another complex system that will break for what I consider no real good reason. If it breaks you get a CEL but I can only hope it doesn't limp mode the ECU.
Got it. I see what you mean.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Glad I got a 2012.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Mine does have it, not TT, in Memphis.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just curious.... What's annoying about it?

DEWFPO
When you turn the engine off there is a loud whine, like a small turbine shutting down. I traded my 07 in for a 13 and it freaked me out the first time I heard it. Starting to get use to it now. I also wanted the space for an aux battery and it takes up a lot of space. It looks like it can be remove and capped off.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.