Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Has anybody seen or heard any rumors for the 2014 FJ, any extras or items to be removed?

Maybe we could make this a wishlist thread that Toyota could get some ideas from!

The few items I have are....

- Leather Seat Option
- Heated seats
- front and rear parking sensors integrated into the headunit with a visual display
- carpet through out

People will probably argue a few of these but it would be nice to have some niceties.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
dont care about seats, I prefer cloth.
NEVER want carpet in an off-roader, rubber is soooooo much easier to clean up.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Why would you take a perfectly made off road vehicle and want it to be some cushy wanna be SUV. You should have gotten a 4Runner if that's what you wanted .

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
A solid Black TT would be better with this interior.

A parking sensor up front would be pretty cool if you are easing up to a rock face.

Nestah, how hard would it be to hook up a front parking sensor that you could turn on and off with an OEM switch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have leather in all my other cars and I find it easier to clean with little ones, carpet was a hit and miss and was only there as a way to reduce some road noise, as I said some people won't agree, Australia doesn't get the 4runner and the Prado is 15k dearer than the FJ!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A solid Black TT would be better with this interior.

A parking sensor up front would be pretty cool if you are easing up to a rock face.

Nestah, how hard would it be to hook up a front parking sensor that you could turn on and off with an OEM switch?
Those seats look the goods, it is about 2 grand from an after market person to get leather with a decal here in Oz.....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have leather in all my other cars and I find it easier to clean with little ones, carpet was a hit and miss and was only there as a way to reduce some road noise, as I said some people won't agree, Australia doesn't get the 4runner and the Prado is 15k dearer than the FJ!
well just get some seat covers then. they are like everywhere.
also cleaning cloth seats are actually easier than leather. you just get some Scotchguard treatment and the water would just bead off.
I personally dont like leather, it gets nut scorching hot in the summer.
as for carpet vs road noise. why would you get road noise on a body on frame construction off-roader? the noise would be mostly from the wind.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They don't sell the FJ 70 in OZ? That'd be my only choice if I could get one in the US.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts