Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received an official recall notification from Toyota regarding a labeling error applicable to the recommended cold tire inflation pressure for light truck tires and TRD wheels installed on the FJ Cruiser prior to vehicle delivery.

Anyone else get this yet?

I just have the stock 17" alloys with the basic AT Dunlops, so I suppose the notice does not affect me since it refers specifically to the TRD wheels. In any case, I suppose they are having to issue this recall to avoid a pack of salivating trial lawyers should someone blow a tire and fly off a cliff or something...

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I got it too. And it is only for TRD with BGF's from what I remember reading.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got it.
But if you dont have the TRD wheels, they want you to fill out the card and send it back so you can be taken off the list and your info updated.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Nope, not yet.
But I also don't have stock wheels or tires. They better leave my sticker alone ... or better yet, I'll put a sticker on top of the original sticker that says never remove this sticker.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got one too, it only applies to the TRD beadlock wheels and BFG AT tires. They need to update the sticker with undisclosed information.

·
Registered
943 Posts
They did this same thing back in 2010/11 for the same wheels. I had the TRD bead locks on my 11 and got a revised sticker for tire psi when in service.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are they sending the precious sticker in the mail? Someone already posted their sticker of their TTUE prior to the recall, which is the same on my vehicle. Isn’t 46 PSI correct?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
I was confused.... I got it. I have TRD wheels. But I am running 285's not 265's . I just figured this doesn't apply to me.....

I just don't care !!

·
Registered
524 Posts
I got it but don't have the tires or TRD wheels, is it just "LT" tire inflation issue or all TRD rims and stock LT tire combos, the pic in the notice shows the beadlock style rim. and what is the proper inflation pressure? and it say's just the spare tire psi value is wrong from what I read..

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
What the crap! I've had my TTUE since April and I've not received anything of a letter in the mail saying I'm in the bad boy FJ club!

On a side note, I pulled those faux bead locks off my machine and put on some American Outlaws. So it won't pertain to me either way I guess…

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I threw mine away as soon as I got it, but it's a good bet that it wouldn't apply to most people here since the stock setup will have been long upgraded. The notice is to keep mall crawling soccer moms from filing a lawsuit if they blow a tire on the way to daycare.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
I have TRD wheels on my 2007. This are 16" rims and I run LT265/75R16 tires, currently Firestone Destination AT. Because these are Light Truck tires, they are the equivalent to a "C" rated side wall. Therefore, the maximum tire pressure rating is 50 psi, and I usually compress to 38 psig. Anymore and it wants to wander a bit. (Whereas a car passenger tire has a maximum pressure rating is 44 psi, and service facilities typically standardize on 32-34 psig. Additionally, I have attached the OEM information from Toyota about the TRD wheels.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts