Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2014 TOTH Vacation

10K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  WILSON 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

We are in the process of restructuring the TOTH. We are going to take a year off from hosting the event to find new trails and activities. After 7 years, the TOTH has been a great family event and we want to continue to draw people from across the country. We have had some issues with working with the Forest Service and BLM on this event and this year off will help us regroup with them. We will be forming a local TLCA club that will take over the event for the future. I want to thank all of those who have participated in past events and your continued support. We will keep you posted on our return in 2015!!

Brandon Burling
Event Coordinator

#2 ·
Maybe move up to the mountains in the north of the state?

#3 ·
Thanks for the update Brandon! Sorry to hear there will be no TOTH this year...

We look forward to 2015.

cheers,

dale

#5 ·
Maybe move up to the mountains in the north of the state?

Well unfortunately we must keep it in our county or close to it, so we don't step on other Toyota dealer's toes. Trust me if we could move it to a different location every year or two to keep it fresh that would be awesome. Logistically our location is great right now, because of the big camp ground to fit everybody. The trails just aren't there any more. People coming up from different areas, tearing it up and leaving trash everywhere ruin it for everybody. :boohoo: I hope we can find new areas and new volunteers to help tho. I'm also going up to the Summit this year to see how they do things. So we hope to get back on track for 2015. ( Heck its my first year of me going and actually owning a FJ! LOL) I will keep you guys informed.

Thank you,
Colin

#14 ·
As of right now I'm thinking I should be back on track for 2016. Brandon has passed the torch to Me as he is just too busy to do it now days. Our dealership still wants to have it, but we need to start a TLCA club up, find volunteers to help with the TOTH and get the forest service to give us some actual trails to wheel on! As of right now there really isn't much open that would be fun for people. Being a Military base driven community we lost a lot of locals when the F22s left so we are looking for new blood to help with the TOTH. Good news is I just sold My FJ to a local person that should be stationed here for a few more years. Plus I just picked up Alex's Crackrock rig so I still have an FJ to wheel in the FJ rally! LOL

#15 ·
toyotacolin,

Thanks for the update, we were wondering about the event. Have to plan early for these things now days. :lol:
We had such a great time during the 2012 event we wanted to return for another round and I recently noticed Brandon had not logged on here in quite sometime. Thought something had happened but glad to hear the "Torch" has been passed.

I am super happy the "Crackrock" has a new and good home. That thing is awesome..! :rocker: Are you going to rename her/him..?

You could even start a new build thread for it. :surprise

Q

Reactions: toyotacolin
#16 ·
I will do a new build thread I would think, with a link to his as he has done so much to it! As far as a name I'm not sure yet. My last one was FJCrawler as that was my even my license plate number! So I could combine them or something. FJ crack crawler! LOL I just can't wait to get it!

My old one and the lic. plate.
IMG_1931 by Captures by Colin, on Flickr

#19 ·
Sadly I think its dead. I have moved out of New Mexico and up to Colorado so unless brandon wants to revive it, but really with the lack of trails and the people complaining of the drive to the canyon trails and other issues I don't see them doing it again. There are a ton of people to wheel with down there so if you just want to come to Cloudcroft area to wheel you wont be alone for sure.

There are more and more events popping up too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.