Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The TRD/Bilstein rear shocks found on the 2014 TTUEs seem to be NLA. The original part number from Bilstein is 25227611 but I've been unable to find the equivalent Toyota P/N. The local dealership wasn't able to find the right part number, much less the part.

Any clues of whether they are still available and if so from where? Alternatively is there a reliable source that repairs them and doesn't have a 4-11 weeks turnaround?

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

Thanks
Vangelis

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Just curious as I have a '14.

Why the need to replace (or rebuild, if even possible) the rear shocks?

How many miles on the odometer?

What symptoms are you seeing that indicate the shocks need replacement (leakage, poor damping, etc.)?

What what type of usage has your FJ been subjected to?

About two years ago Toyota was dumping complete TTUE suspension kits (front struts and springs, and rear reservoir shocks) at blowout prices. The were 'supposed' to be sold only to buyers who could provide a TTUE VIN number, but I think most of them ended up on 4Runners. As far as I can tell, these kits sold out very quickly, and your options are to substitute one of the later, supposedly improved Bilstein reservoir shocks, go with Fox as Toyota did as their new 'performance' OEM supplier, or choose something from one of the other manufacturers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't think Bilstein will rebuild TRD branded version of their shocks. You'll have to purchase new Bilstein 5160 rear shocks which are basically the same. Around $400 for the pair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In my case, one of them has developed a leak from the remote reservoir fitting or the hose that connects to the shock. The unit was replaced by a Toyota dealer a year ago (when I bought the car) so I'm hoping that it can be fixed under warranty but I'm bracing for the dealer giving me an excuse why not to do it. The car has lead an easy life, certainly so while I've had it, so it's disappointing to see.

BTW the regular Bilstein 5160's don't look the same as the TRD units on the TTUE so I'm concerned that they won't match the other side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, as far as I can tell, 5160's have specific fitments for each target car. The ones designed for the FJ cruiser are model 25227611 which appears to be NLA.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Part numbers (fwiw)

·
4-Corners Moderator
5,375 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
3,022 Posts
save your $$ and just get the 5100's. or Upgrade to Kings.. because if you want to win, win with the KING!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts