Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I know this is a rather premature question to throw out there…
But I was wondering roughly when next year's Summit will be held.

Must
Plan
Vacation
Time
Off

I need to begin planning early so I thought I would toss this out. Thanks!
:grin

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
^^^^
What he said!!!
I've gotta start convincing the wife that she'll love the sheer mountain drop offs.
And the shopping, yeah that's it.
There is fancy-schmancy shopping across the way in Telluride. (^;

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
Sweet!
I was looking for a diversion from all that boring scenery and glut of FJ's everywhere you look!
Thank god for the Telluride Mega Mall !!!
Whew.... now my kids might be up for going. >:D

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hey,
I know this is a rather premature question to throw out there…
But I was wondering roughly when next year's Summit will be held.

Must
Plan
Vacation
Time
Off

I need to begin planning early so I thought I would toss this out. Thanks!
:grin
Im glad you asked cause I was thinking about the same situation. I'm upset that I missed this year, but will be well prepared for next year. Im gonna ask for time off now. Good Post :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Mid-late July, the organizers this year were very good about announcing this year's dates early (edit: like last fall).

The bigger problem is registering before it fills up. The first year I went in 2011, I registered in April/May and it still wasn't full. This year registration filled up in 9 1/2 hours, however many people have been able to make it by getting on the wait list.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We went to our first Summit this year and let me say if you have never been to one, DO IT! It was so much fun! My wife and two kids all had a blast! We stayed at the KOA in our pop-up and it was really nice! There were a LOT of Summit people there...most staying in tents.

That being said, I will probably not be going next year as Hawaii is on the agenda...so there will be one spot that will be open for someone!!!

Oh, and all the talk about Telluride....if you plan to stop there...which you will for sure if you do the Imogene or Black Bear trails...bring lots of money...it is expensive! We were there two days for lunch and did Pizza both days and stayed relatively reasonable on money spent... Gas was the most expensive there also...

Good luck on getting a spot next year!

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Just block out the whole month of July :rofl:

But seriously, if pattern continues, July 16-18 (trail days), you have registration the day before (i.e. July 15th), and group photo (6am) the Sunday after (i.e. July 19th).

Also, some people show up early either in Moab or Ouray. Moab for well, trails :lol: and Ouray for well, trails. Both of those are unscheduled, and you are on your own. Pretty much like Summit anyways, but you have to find your own trail buddies :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just block out the whole month of July :rofl:

But seriously, if pattern continues, July 16-18 (trail days), you have registration the day before (i.e. July 15th), and group photo (6am) the Sunday after (i.e. July 19th).

Also, some people show up early either in Moab or Ouray. Moab for well, trails :lol: and Ouray for well, trails. Both of those are unscheduled, and you are on your own. Pretty much like Summit anyways, but you have to find your own trail buddies :)
That's pretty much what I figured and it's a load of driving for us...about a week or more there taking the scenic route and about 5 days home...just have to work around the wife's work schedule and what she's able to switch and take off...lots of planning to do but I am there in 2015!! Will be about 11,000km give or take...and yes I plan to do Moab on the Monday and Tuesday...

·
Registered
702 Posts
Come hell or high water. I am going to be at Summit #9

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You booked already even though they haven't announced the dates?

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
You booked already even though they haven't announced the dates?
As said above, the summit has always been the week of July 16th, our anniversary. We are currently planning a three week vacation, with that week in the middle.

We rolled the dice and decided to lock in the days now for the rental. It's changeable if needed, and our trip planning is very flexible. We have lots of other things to do on the multi-state road trip.

So if the dates change, no problem. We even considered that there might not be a Summit next year, and are still fine with hitting Ouray in our travels.

27 years of flexabilty makes the marriage last!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts