Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I'll have to wait until closer to the new year. The wife wants to go to Ouray, but not during Summit (she has to get her classroom ready).
If I do go again (hopefully), I would rather camp or trailer, or borrow an RV :lol:

For my first time, it was WONDERFUL being at the same hotel, walk my stuff back to my room, step out and you're right there :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
I gather then that the Summit check in will be Wednesday the 15th?
Yes, whatever week they select, check-in will be that Wed. Great time (4pm) to be first at the Summit Store (get your sizes before they are gone), visit vendors while they have all their goods for sale :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
We are still winding down and trying to get our personal and business lives caught up again. You can bet that check in will be either Wed July 15th or Wed July 22nd. Other Summits have started on the 15th so that is likely but keep in mind that this IS NOT an official announcement . . . just a guess.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I thought we would have a little longer break before the summit threads started up again! :lol: when do all the repetitive questions start where the answers don't change from year to year?! :lol:

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I will be making the trip out from Atlanta. Looks like I'll be taking a 2-wk vacation next July. :)

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
I am hoping to be driving again by then. :sick: This time I will tent camp.

Here's an idea ... since there are special groups like photography, how about a group with dogs? They can play together at stops, and chase smells.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am hoping to be driving again by then. :sick: This time I will tent camp.

Here's an idea ... since there are special groups like photography, how about a group with dogs? They can play together at stops, and chase smells.
Ha! Yeah I'm hoping to go this year as well. My sidekick will be joining me I'm sure and we'll be camping. If there's a dog group I may have to split my time between that and the photo group. Now that my FJ is over 20k and the new-car-smell has faded to a someone-was-in-here-right-after-the-gym-smell, I'm ready to get her dinged up and banged around off-road :grin

I've got a hefty to-do list building already:

1) mod (light-moderate) for off-roading (yeah stock can do it, but more than a few threads have 'suggested' certain mods so...)
2) learn how to off-road (coming from the sportscar world)
3) buy a surplus mil trailer and mod it for camping, etc

Attachments

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
Ha! Yeah I'm hoping to go this year as well. My sidekick will be joining me I'm sure and we'll be camping. If there's a dog group I may have to split my time between that and the photo group. Now that my FJ is over 20k and the new-car-smell has faded to a someone-was-in-here-right-after-the-gym-smell, I'm ready to get her dinged up and banged around off-road :grin

I've got a hefty to-do list building already:

1) mod (light-moderate) for off-roading (yeah stock can do it, but more than a few threads have 'suggested' certain mods so...)
2) learn how to off-road (coming from the sportscar world)
3) buy a surplus mil trailer and mod it for camping, etc
Nice ride and a great looking dog! Let's team up on the photography trail. I've run Imogene/Ophir many times over the past 25 years. Stock will work, just be sure you have a CB, even a handheld with a magnetic roof antenna will do great.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
You're going to LOVE it !!!!

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Twin Peaks is the location of the event, so for first time, I would stay there or within eye shot (walking is hard at that elevation if not used to it).
Google Earth :)

21 - 40 of 77 Posts