Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,874 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
No joke - just made my hotel reservations in Ouray :clap: Great way to beat the winter blahs!
LOL, you made hotel reservations already? Well, that is being truly prepared.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,902 Posts
Hahaha well I always stay at Twin Peaks and the rooms go fast after the dates are announced, so I just take a guess and reserve early. Good to see you're coming!

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
It's the voice of experience :rofl: Ouray supposedly sells out of lodging two weeks a year, and FJ Summit is one of those weeks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hahaha well I always stay at Twin Peaks and the rooms go fast after the dates are announced, so I just take a guess and reserve early. Good to see you're coming!
I bet the rooms go fast. By now Twin Peaks probably have people that maybe reserve rooms atleast 6 months in advance. Last year I found a airbnb room and it was a hidden germ. LOL, I hope me mentioning it does not make someone go and get it before I do.

Are the dates for the summit set yet for this year? Then I could start seeing what my plans would be and what days I could stop by the event to admire and maybe do some runs. And this time, I am buying brand new offroad tires only for this event, if I attend. Last year was crazy taking street tires up those mountains.

This year I would be more prepared, if I attend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's the voice of experience :rofl: Ouray supposedly sells out of lodging two weeks a year, and FJ Summit is one of those weeks.
I am not surprised at all. That place gets busy during the warm months.

You know I had sent you a text before last year summit that I would like to meet you and say hello. Well, I basically stood next to you on main street in Ouray. Right infront of a chocolate shop. I was going to say hi, but did not want to interrupt you guys talking. I just knew it was you because I saw your trail leader badge and saw Jimmy Buffet on it.

Sadly, I don't know how I finally left without saying hello. Maybe if I make it this year, I will say hello.

·
Premium Member
4,706 Posts
You know I had sent you a text before last year summit that I would like to meet you and say hello. Well, I basically stood next to you on main street in Ouray. Right infront of a chocolate shop. I was going to say hi, but did not want to interrupt you guys talking. I just knew it was you because I saw your trail leader badge and saw Jimmy Buffet on it.

Sadly, I don't know how I finally left without saying hello. Maybe if I make it this year, I will say hello.
Ha, no kidding. I kept an eye out for your truck and didn't see it. How did it handle the trails?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ha, no kidding. I kept an eye out for your truck and didn't see it. How did it handle the trails?
My truck did not do well. I had somewhat of a hard time on the trails because I had street tires and I quickly learned they were not the best shoes to play with offroad. Then because of some articulations, I broke a lower control arm. But I carry warranty on my truck and it paid over $6,000 for me to get brand new all front control arms replaced and new shocks and springs. My suspension up front is like new now. So, I am trail ready this time. Well, not fully ready since I need shoes to play with offroad.

Last year, my tires were a true disappointed offroad. Just doing a simple trail like Ophir Pass was scary since it felt like my street tires would pop. But I was so happy to make it.

So this year, if or when I confirm that I will be able to make another summer road trip, then I am putting 2017 Summit again on my itinerary. And I am buying brand new offroad tires like 2 weeks or more before I leave on my road trip.

So if I make it this time, I will look for you. I always dress my truck up for such long trips. You will not miss it this time.

·
トヨタ Master
6,393 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
6,393 Posts
Does anybody remember how many vehicles they cap for registration?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Setting a date and TIME suggests another explosive sell out with all spots taken in a flash. I have hopes that it is somehow better this year. Really would like to see a lottery.

I would also like to see it open during the week rather than a Saturday when most are out doing something interesting, rather than sitting in front of a computer. Why not have it open at some ungodly hour like1:30 am which would reduce the log jam.

Ace

1 - 20 of 117 Posts