Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going out there the week of Christmas: Arrival 12/22/18 - Departure 12/28/18

If anyone else is going to be there then and want to hang out, let me know.

Reactions: Thorn661 and tlcntx

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Going out there the week of Christmas. If anyone else is going to be there then and want to hang out, let me know.
I might be... I was planning to go over Thanksgiving but now my son might be coming home on leave that week...waiting on his confirmation. Where are you staying? We usually camp at Rancho Topanga.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Staying at Terlingua Ranch Lodge. We camp but not being out there before, decided to get a room.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I was tossing around the idea of doing a hike/camp excursion to Big Bend (national park, not state) around December - was thinking drive the river (about a day), camp in the park, hike a day, camp in the park, then drive back through the desert being sure to hit Black Gap Road and the more "baja-style" unpaved roads. Actual Christmas would be fun - Christmas eve under the Bortle-scale-0 skies out in the wilderness?

Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just subscribed to this thread. I'll probably have family from MN in town over Christmas, but I am always up for seeing fellow FJs down at the ranch.

BTW, after several months of not being able to issue permits, the Christmas Mtns are open again for trips to the top. A must trip if you are staying at the lodge.
Don't overlook the great resource that is Big Bend Ranch State Park. It's an adventure to get there, but nothing less than awesome. Consider a night at the bunk house if you are not camping. I'd take a trip to BBRSP over a two hour river road drive any day.
Don't miss Old Ore Road. One of the best 4x4 roads in the national park.

TLCNTX has lead several trips out there and is a great resource.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Me and blindwilly have a trip planned for the state park dec 26th -31st. Primitive camping, exploring as much as the park as we can. Bring lots of gas....:)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Going out there the week of Christmas. If anyone else is going to be there then and want to hang out, let me know.
Sounds like fun!
Shirley and I may be interested in going along!

Happy Trails

dale
W5WI

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yup, @bridam11 @PliskinAJ and @texasnielsen, myself and one other rig will be hitting the state park in the NW region by Cienega Mountain.
We are putting together the rest of the itinerary this weekend. I'm thinking we'll work our way toward the Solitario and and the trip at Nowhere.
Our dates are leaving DFW on 12/26 and departing 12/31. (I have to be back in time to ring in the NYE with my wife)

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I am looking forward to another awesome trip to B.B. can never get enough of the lands out there. Will definitely need to be back by 12/31 as well. I’ve got retirement paperwork to turn in on 1/2/19! See you’all on Saturday.

Reactions: BlindWilly

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I am looking forward to another awesome trip to B.B. can never get enough of the lands out there. Will definitely need to be back by 12/31 as well. I’ve got retirement paperwork to turn in on 1/2/19! See you’all on Saturday.
Hopefully no ice storms like last time! That was almost as big of an adventure as Big Bend.
And congrats on retirement!

·
Registered
62 Posts
We're definitely interested in this...subscribed! I told a few other TX FJ's at the Summit so hopefully we can get a good group of Toyota's.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts