Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great time I am
Having . I have been lucky enough to have meet some really great people . And Wheel some really great trails . DebFVT. Iconic. And Iconic 2.0. Sand Devil Shardnar DWF Photoguy and his Wife . And everyone else I am forgetting . I will try and post some pics . I hope some of you got some good ones of me . My little Black FJ is giving her all

·
Registered
113 Posts
Had a good time in Ouray challenging my QX, but it handled it all ithout any hiccups. Here is my trip report.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/tx-nm-az-ca-nv-ut-co-wy-sd-ne-ok-tx-july-2018.194752/page-3

Hurricane Pass 12,750ft

Lake Como by California Pass

California Pass 12,960ft

Engineer Pass 12,800ft

Abandoned mine on my way to Animas Forks

Cinnamon Pass 12,640ft

Animas Forks. Drone shot

Black Bear Pass 12,840ft. A badger decided to pose too in my pic.

After a full day of offroading and after over 7 hours of putting my truck through the most offroad it has done in a day, it was time to air up and head to the hotel.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What a honor to be able to spend a few days wheeling with this legend

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And then there is DebFJVT . What a wonderful person . And can drive the wheels off her FJ Deb and Stella raise the Bar !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Great photos thus far :bigthumb:

Once I get back home I will start going through some of my pictures and get them up.

In the meantime, :bump: for more photos/videos!

Reactions: FatJohnson

·
Registered
173 Posts
A few pics from the my Summit. Amazing experience for this first time. Learned a ton.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Beautiful images! Getting my adventure fix vicariously through the photos.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Had a good time in Ouray challenging my QX, but it handled it all ithout any hiccups. Here is my trip report.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/tx-nm-az-ca-nv-ut-co-wy-sd-ne-ok-tx-july-2018.194752/page-3

Hurricane Pass 12,750ft

Lake Como by California Pass

California Pass 12,960ft

Engineer Pass 12,800ft

Abandoned mine on my way to Animas Forks

Cinnamon Pass 12,640ft

Animas Forks. Drone shot

Black Bear Pass 12,840ft. A badger decided to pose too in my pic.

After a full day of offroading and after over 7 hours of putting my truck through the most offroad it has done in a day, it was time to air up and head to the hotel.
That animal in your second to last picture is Marmot. Sometimes known as a whistle pig. We may have badgers in Colorado, but I have never seen one. Marmots are sometimes friendly if they have been fed by humans, and very rarely are aggressive. Basically a high altitude ground hog...and they will bite if you managed to grab one or pick one up.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts
Already planning my return trip
Saw your FJ, didn't realize that was you. Shame on me for not introducing myself. :|

A few pics from the my Summit. Amazing experience for this first time. Learned a ton.
Yeah, you guys were behind us on Alpine on Thursday I believe. I was the one that came over and commented on your roof. :bigthumb:

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
I brought a Polaroid camera with me this year, in addition to the cell phone, dash cam, and go-pro-esque "action cam."

I'm fighting with the phone to cough up its photos (~800 from the trip and the darn thing won't show them over USB, so I'd have to upload a TON of data somewhere and then re-download... and I refuse D:<).

So, here are the polaroids. Left-to-right, top-to-bottom:

1. "Hole in the Rock" store entering Moab
  2. "Moab before the summit" run - Strike Ravine
  3. "Moab before the summit" run - Flat Iron Mesa
  4. Arches National Park - 4x4 trail out to the "Tower Arch" trailhead
  5. Colorado - Animas Forks Ghost Town
  6. Colorado - (Obviously) the Alpine Loop
  7. Colorado - California Gulch
  8. Colorado - Hurricane Pass
  9. Colorado - Poughkeepsie Gulch, having cleared The Wall and the additional rocks after it

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I jumped in on Debs night run. That was cool
Was a great run with a "motivated" group! :D

Shame it was a bit murky up top, the night-photo opportunity was a blowout, but the trip was a blast!

Reactions: Firemedic831

·
Registered
480 Posts
I didn't take many photos (of ARCA9) this time - relying on my dash cam + passenger + other folks on the trail who I never exchanged contact info with (except one) and totally probably won't ever connect with me.

If any of y'all got photos of the ARCA9 Magma FJ, please send them my way! (still hoping to connect with the photographer who got my jump at Jambo this year... :( ).

Look at the photos' names for brief descriptions of what they are.

Attachments

·
トヨタ Master
7,974 Posts
I didn't take many photos (of ARCA9) this time - relying on my dash cam + passenger + other folks on the trail who I never exchanged contact info with (except one) and totally probably won't ever connect with me.

If any of y'all got photos of the ARCA9 Magma FJ, please send them my way! (still hoping to connect with the photographer who got my jump at Jambo this year... :( ).

Look at the photos' names for brief descriptions of what they are.
I definitely saw your FJ there. Who could forget those headlights.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts