Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went last year and had a good time . This Event is geared more towards Land Cruisers . Not a lot of Fj’s there. But there are some .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anybody have much experience with this event? I am considering doing this event this year rather than the FJ Summit. I have done the FJ summit the last 3 years and 2018 seemed to be lacking excitement compared to previous years, plus I have never been to Moab and would like to be able to do the trails with a group of people the first outing.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went last year . It was well run . There is a good mix of different types of Toyotas .
I am hoping to go again this year

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody have much experience with this event? I am considering doing this event this year rather than the FJ Summit. I have done the FJ summit the last 3 years and 2018 seemed to be lacking excitement compared to previous years, plus I have never been to Moab and would like to be able to do the trails with a group of people the first outing.
Something other to think about is going to Moab before Summit . Honestly the 2 funnest days i had wheeling last year was when i went to Cruise Moab, and ran Kane Creek we all had to work Together to make it . And 2 at Moab before Summit when we ran Moab Rim and again we all had to work together . Try and stay in groups no bigger than 10 . Rubithon , Cruise Moab , FJ Summit , Sierra Trek are all kinda the same type of event .

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can run 90 percent of Moab in a stock FJ

·
Registered
31 Posts
Something other to think about is going to Moab before Summit . Honestly the 2 funnest days i had wheeling last year was when i went to Cruise Moab, and ran Kane Creek we all had to work Together to make it . And 2 at Moab before Summit when we ran Moab Rim and again we all had to work together . Try and stay in groups no bigger than 10 . Rubithon , Cruise Moab , FJ Summit , Sierra Trek are all kinda the same type of event .
Moab before the summit would be great, but usually my co-pilot cannot take off enough days for summit and Moab before. I am relatively close to both (about 6 hours from either place) and make a few trips, on my own to Ouray.

Thanks for the info! I'm most likely going to sign up for cruise Moab, seems like it'll be a nice change of scenery. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
Moab before the summit would be great, but usually my co-pilot cannot take off enough days for summit and Moab before. I am relatively close to both (about 6 hours from either place) and make a few trips, on my own to Ouray.

Thanks for the info! I'm most likely going to sign up for cruise Moab, seems like it'll be a nice change of scenery. LOL

You can’t go wrong with Cruise Moab. I have been to half a dozen or so and will be signing up again this year. I have also been to half a dozen or so Summit’s. They are both great events.

There are a lot more trail selections at Cruise Moab and many harder trails. I would not do anything above a 6 in my FJ. Nothing at Summit compares to that.

I like the over nighters, especially the San Rafael Swell. The Kokopelli is fun too but I prefer the Swell. I see they are adding three more this year and I am anxious to see what they offer.

My favorite runs, other than the over nighters, are Dome Plateau and Elephant Hill. I like those for the scenery and out of vehicle options, not because they are the most technically challenging. There are some neat arches and a cave on the Dome Plateau run. There is an optional hike through a slot canyon, and the Green and Red River confluence on Elephant Hill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,010 Posts
You can’t go wrong with Cruise Moab. I have been to half a dozen or so and will be signing up again this year. I have also been to half a dozen or so Summit’s. They are both great events.

There are a lot more trail selections at Cruise Moab and many harder trails. I would not do anything above a 6 in my FJ. Nothing at Summit compares to that.

I like the over nighters, especially the San Rafael Swell. The Kokopelli is fun too but I prefer the Swell. I see they are adding three more this year and I am anxious to see what they offer.

My favorite runs, other than the over nighters, are Dome Plateau and Elephant Hill. I like those for the scenery and out of vehicle options, not because they are the most technically challenging. There are some neat arches and a cave on the Dome Plateau run. There is an optional hike through a slot canyon, and the Green and Red River confluence on Elephant Hill.

I love the San Raffael Swell too, and did a camping/rappelling slot canyons trip there a couple years ago but did not wheel it much. Curious what trails you ran there - was it with Cruise Moab? CM is an event I’d do if not going to Summit/Moab in July as I drive in from Vermont....one major trip a year lol

·
Premium Member
1,154 Posts
I love the San Raffael Swell too, and did a camping/rappelling slot canyons trip there a couple years ago but did not wheel it much. Curious what trails you ran there - was it with Cruise Moab? CM is an event I’d do if not going to Summit/Moab in July as I drive in from Vermont....one major trip a year lol

It was for Cruise Moab. We camped at the Lone Warrior camp ground off exit 131 near the Swasey Cabin. The first day we did the Devils Race Track and returned to the same camp. Then we packed up and did a pretty easy canyon run I can’t recall the name of right now. It parallels I70 on the north side and there are some nice petroglyphs near the end. We had lunch in Green River at Ray’s Tavern on the way back to Moab.

It might be nice to skip Summit one year and try CM instead.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cruise Moab has sold out . You can get on the wait list though .

·
formerly 13FJTT
752 Posts
Is anyone going to this event? It was sold out before I could sign up. I got on the wait list but I have no idea what my chances are of getting a spot.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I myself am not going this year . I decided to sign up for the Rubithon instead . Other than the raffle and dinner i think Moab B4S is better , and for the difference in Not paying Reg You can buy a nice dinner .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts