Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
There are many scenic trails . That are not going to scratch things up . But the views from some that you may scratch your skids on are epic

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Elsie is great she really is doing well .

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,933 Posts
Sunday - Polar Mesa / Onion Creek
Distance: 41mi - Time: 3 hours 2 minutes

A few new people showed up Sunday morning, and there were trail options to accommodate everyone - Metal Masher, Top of the World, Elephant Hill. But after last night's experience, that craving to explore the mesas stuck with me. @iLuveKetchup joined in on an overland-style photo run to check out Polar Mesa. It was a windows-down, stress-free, cruisy kind of day with temperatures hanging around the 70s. We covered a lot of miles in just a few hours, and there was no shortage of spectacular views and cool things to discover. Don't get me wrong, I love intense rock crawling and tackling obstacles that scare the bejesus out of you, but Moab in July is just too hot for that sometimes. The 4H fast pace and different scenery was a welcomed change for both of us and the dogs.

Wish I would’ve got to wheel with you a little bro, we share the same tastes. I’ve definitely gotta get on Polar Mesa and Onion Creek.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Last day. And we go out with a Bang ! What a week . Hopefully Some others got some better pics today. I was not really thinking photos today . We meet up
With the Toyota TRD guys and Gals. Even got filmed . For some ad they are doing . That’s about were the fun ended . Deb and I Took Monflores Up hells gate . Good job Monflores! Then as we were finishing up a Jeep came and told us the needed winch help as someone was in a bad spot going down hells gate . Uggg. After that we went back around to watch them come up . 1 guy from there group asked me if I could spot them up . Well about 3/4 of the way up the driver decided to listen to his passenger and disregard me ! Slipped off his line and proceeded to go down backwards at a extremely high rate of speed . I have no clue how they did not start rolling . When they reached the bottom they proceeded to Total there friends very nice gx470. . I have never seen anything like this happen ever . Thank god no one was killed. !! At that point we helped get them out. I nosed down and Deb winched to the back of me and I winched them up . Shwwww. Crazy. I then gave escalator a run . Whoa . So close . These pics are after the front was pulled forward and cut off enough to move the wheels .

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know a bunch of folks are headed to summit tomorrow (us included) but is there anyone who wants to do a AM trail run? Did onion creek and kokopeli up to blue Mesa this afternoon, just doing some chill stuff when running solo. HMU if there is a fun run tomorrow (or tonight)!

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Well yes and no . It was a different group but we helped them out .

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
No Jeeps. Both were Lexus . Now the scary part the 1 that went backwards down the hill had a large fuel tank . They also had a propane tank strapped to the rear bumper . After the hit they had a pretty good fuel leak . I am very glad that they did not smash the propane.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeah that was so so crazy, saw the footage posted online a few hours after it all went down. Even crazier, I was filling up in Green River on my way home Sunday, and those guys rolled into the same gas station. Gave them the head nod on my way out. Then I see that video a day or two later of the same truck bombing down hells gate backwards, it was like, whoa. @Firemedic831 also weird you ended up helping them out. Small world.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How big was the dinosaur foot print ? :)
Pretty good size, maybe 18" or so. I've seen a few out there and this one flaunts some amazing shape definition. Seeing it up close, you truly get a sense of how sharp their, claws?, talons?, nails? must've been. I also thought it was pretty cool where that particular one exists... Almost 5000 feet above Moab at 8500', just a few feet off a paved road.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
The whole deal sucked . There is so much more to the story . I am
Catching so much crap from people that have no idea what even happened. I will NEVER ! Help anyone again . The sad part is they are up here at Summit and have apologized to me And some of the guys that were with them want to run trails with us . I guess you had to be there . But everyone sure can throw there expert opinion out .

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
No Jeeps. Both were Lexus . Now the scary part the 1 that went backwards down the hill had a large fuel tank . They also had a propane tank strapped to the rear bumper . After the hit they had a pretty good fuel leak . I am very glad that they did not smash the propane.
Good thing it wasn't a Pinto. :grin

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,107 Posts
Here is the best way to remove a bumper wing (Moab style) :grin Taken on the Wall at Gold Bar Rim

Attachments

61 - 80 of 117 Posts