Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Following... Will be driving out for Summit. May come early and head over to Moab, if possible...

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
You guys are tempting me. The only bummer is I wouldn't be able to run Rimrocker with my camper. Hopefully it cools off enough after the sun goes down for sleeping.

I'm not doing Cliffhanger or Golden Spike though. Been there done that with my previous rig. Elephant Hill is more my speed nowdays, or maybe Kane Creek if I'm feeling adventurous.

·
Premium Member
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I am not sure what rimrocker is ? But if you have a camp trailer i would suggest leaving it at a camp site . Sand Flats is just above the Hells Revenge entrance and tends to be a little cooler if it gets to hot . Also Do not worry about running Certain Hard trails . There were alot of FJs last year and they split up into groups . As far as Cliffhanger goes i know a few of us will try it . We may get to it and see that we just can not do it ? Nobody wants to tear up there FJ . Some of us will be leading Trails at Summit and need to drive thousands of miles to get home so we kinda have to know are limits . The best part about both B4S and Summit is you get to wheel with other FJs , and its fun to see what they can do . Also if something does happen Together we can fix just about anything .

·
Premium Member
7,583 Posts
I am not sure what rimrocker is ? But if you have a camp trailer i would suggest leaving it at a camp site .
Rimrocker is the trail directly between Moab and Ouray. Its the one many people drive on Tuesday morning.

I didn't remember any obstacles really, its quite easy. I may not take a "highway" camper on it but a decently equipped one would be fine.

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,836 Posts
I am not sure what rimrocker is ? But if you have a camp trailer i would suggest leaving it at a camp site . Sand Flats is just above the Hells Revenge entrance and tends to be a little cooler if it gets to hot . Also Do not worry about running Certain Hard trails . There were alot of FJs last year and they split up into groups . As far as Cliffhanger goes i know a few of us will try it . We may get to it and see that we just can not do it ? Nobody wants to tear up there FJ . Some of us will be leading Trails at Summit and need to drive thousands of miles to get home so we kinda have to know are limits . The best part about both B4S and Summit is you get to wheel with other FJs , and its fun to see what they can do . Also if something does happen Together we can fix just about anything .
Decent video, you can easily pull your camper on it bro. I’ll be taking it back to Ouray myself and CabinCruiser may be taking it too if he can make it to Moab.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts
Good to hear from you man, what date you planning on joining us in Moab?
I'm hoping to be there at least Saturday and Sunday but am planning to be in Ouray from Monday morning on for trail research, planning etc to make sure things are in order for the new trails we added,

I was waiting for Deb But i got antsy :blueblob: But if you could That would be great . Thank you
I'll go ahead and start a new thread with the general meet info we've used in the past.

·
Premium Member
8,986 Posts

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,998 Posts
I've always wondered what that trail was like ever since I read about them starting to make it. Now I know I can take the Tundra over it and could probably pull my toy hauler over it too.

That last part where they made the wrong turn and ended up at the highway looks like where I came out on a trip up that way one day. I think that when they went back in and turned onto the rough trail I came from the road straight ahead. I was at the Easter Safari and had the day off so I decided to head up to the mountains to cool off and explore. I drove past Ken's Lake and then turned off to the right up top heading past some camp sites and a small lake and then on to Dark Canyon. I eventually came to a T with a reservoir to the left and the highway to the right. Pretty drive too.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Rimrocker is the trail directly between Moab and Ouray. Its the one many people drive on Tuesday morning.

I didn't remember any obstacles really, its quite easy. I may not take a "highway" camper on it but a decently equipped one would be fine.
Yeah, I know it's not a technical trail but my camper is not at all an off-road camper.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Sand Flats is a thought. Or I might camp at Pack Creek, nice to have a shower after the trail, and electricity for my CPAP, and AC if needed.

Hey if you're built for Cliffhanger etc. go for it. I can find plenty of trails to entertain myself. Really want to do Elephant Hill again; I haven't done it in the FJ.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts