Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Congratulations on your NEW FJ !

I'm glad Toyota continues to produce the FJ. That's good for all of us owners, insuring most parts will continue to be available indefinitely. My local dealer finally quit asking if I'd consider trading in my 2011. I told them I'm keeping it until either I die or my FJ does.
Yeah you should definitely keep it!

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
"Can they be imported to the USA?"
"I guess so as long as you’re willing to pay shipping and import taxes etc."

I wish it were that simple.
Sadly, there would be a lot of legal hoops to go through, to bring it up to current emissions and safety standards. Typically, to bring in to the US a current vehicle that wasn't certified to meet US regs costs millions of dollars to do, far beyond an individual's ability.

On the other hand, if a car is 25 years old, the US has a policy to allow it, and then shipping, import taxes, customs and things like that are more reasonable.

Norm

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
"Can they be imported to the USA?"
"I guess so as long as you’re willing to pay shipping and import taxes etc."

I wish it were that simple.
Sadly, there would be a lot of legal hoops to go through, to bring it up to current emissions and safety standards. Typically, to bring in to the US a current vehicle that wasn't certified to meet US regs costs millions of dollars to do, far beyond an individual's ability.

On the other hand, if a car is 25 years old, the US has a policy to allow it, and then shipping, import taxes, customs and things like that are more reasonable.

Norm
Oh damn!

·
Registered
27 Posts
OP is in Qatar. My brother is in Dammam with his 2019.

we were at Toyota dealer in Sitra and at Ebrahim Kanoo in Bahrain, and both had 2019 in stock with 2020 coming

did you go to the club meeting last April/ May at kanoo?
View attachment 1117515
No club meeting... Didn't know it was a thing! I'd love to know more about it & maybe join up for some events during my last several months on the island...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
トヨタ Master
7,978 Posts
Take it off...take it all off...like 'em naked! :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure how stock suspension changed since I got mine back in 2010.
It was too soft for any serious dune bashing I had to install an ARB lift kit.
Once done, I was all over the dunes and became very stable even on highways.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Tockico are still the same safe suspension, do their basic job and last long but for anything serious you need to step up to Bilstein or others. The Australian model did get stiffer damping from what I believe.

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Stock suspension is good but on my last dune bashing trip I realized I need a lift because I kept catching the front diff in the soft stuff. Probably looking at 3 inches but I need highway stability too. This thing already likes to lean around corners :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Leave the stickers ON! A three inch lift with the right shocks and springs will make the truck really stable. I'm torturing myself, but can you tell me what they are selling for?

Reactions: FJCruisin’

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here's the link for FJ Cruisers at Toyota Qatar:

Check out the brochure and options!

·
Banned
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Leave the stickers ON! A three inch lift with the right shocks and springs will make the truck really stable. I'm torturing myself, but can you tell me what they are selling for?
Conversion to USD is 40000 for full option and 38000 for the base model

81 - 100 of 102 Posts