Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

201 - 210 of 210 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
I say No Go.

The UK (or other) variant of the "virus" has people spooked. Up here if they 'think' you have it - mandatory 24 day isolation.

Reactions: Iconic_

·
トヨタ Master
11,630 Posts
Anybody taking bets on this year's 2021 Summit? With the canceling of easter Jeep safari yesterday I think its only a matter of time. Colorado (as far as I can tell) has not significantly lowered restrictions on public gatherings. (scroll to Jan 11th in the link)

IDK, I heard Covid was going away as soon as biden was prez. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Here's the funny part, all these public large gatherings are cancelled, but yet, this past summer the Colorado backcountry was as crowded as I have ever seen it. Every trailhead overloaded with vehicles, all the 14ers overloaded with hikers. 4WD passes and forest service roads, overloaded with Jeeps, Toyotas, SxS, ATVs, etc. Was in Lake City, CO for several weeks and all the locals were uniformly saying this is the busiest and longest summer season they can remember. This winter, the ski traffic up i70 is as bad as always maybe even worse than usual. Every parking spot and reservation at the ski areas is used. People are dying to do outdoor pursuits and it is all overloaded.

So, feel free to stay home, but that is stopping no one from doing their own individual thing and trips. Frankly, i expect by this coming Summer, COVID will be have declined signficantly (the second wave is already declining in CO). Of course, I think our public officials will still be clinging their mask bullsi*t, but it's all theatre and zero percent effective at slowing the spread from indoor spaces especially homes. They have pretty much not restricted any of the outdoor pursuits in CO for the entire time as I am certain they know that they would have zero compliance and rioting if they attempted to do so. Even the power loving democrat Gov of CO knows this. I laugh at California attempting to keep people from outdoor pursuits including beaches, hiking, etc.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
The trail rides aren't particularly hazardous, it is the group dinner and raffle that may need an adjustment.

Reactions: thane

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I would suspect the determining factor will be the cost and availability of insurance for the event. I wouldn't think attendance would be a problem.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Summit registration "would" be tomorrow morning. No announcement seen, but I'll be at my computer at the top of the hour just in case!

201 - 210 of 210 Posts