Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
9,828 Posts
Nothing on the site about a cancellation which surprised me. It's like 4 months away, so it could be a go. ?‍♂

·
Vendor
2,131 Posts
Yes . but we will keep it at small groups . My Guess is we will not hear anything from The Summit Admin Until the last second . I do not see the State allowing it to happen though .

·
Premium Member
12,927 Posts
I agree. The new normal even after the Covid19 has come under control will be hard on anything big group related. Fairs, festivals, Summit etc.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
Yes, I am seeing all the comments and speculation about the Summit. What happens, of course, is completely out of our control. We've already discussed the situation in detail and key dates. We want to give it enough time to be sure we make the right decision but also want to keep in mind that reservations have to be dealt with. If it's possible, we know the city of Ouray will really need the injection of tourists dollars. Watch for official communications from us soon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For what it’s worth, if FJ Summit does end up being canceled this year, but FJ Summit 2020 gear has already been produced, might these items be offered for sale through the forum? I would be happy to support the group and order some items, since I realize that from a business point of view this could end up being a financial loss.

·
トヨタ Master
9,828 Posts
With all the businesses struggling right now, I'm curious if there will be sponsors dropping out.

·
Vendor
2,131 Posts
Many states announced Today that they will not open up events that have large crowds, for up to a year or until there is a vaccine . So unless someone on the City council of Ourey has there hand in someone on the Summits Admins wallet. I see no way they get permitted and if they do well ✍. ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. Doing the trails with a group tends to be fun, worth doing. There are vendors displays to check out, and the raffle which is epic. You will see and learn a lot.

For me, I went to the first few. Had fun. But it got too big for me. I'm small town for sure. I am sometimes in the area as I live 3 hours away, and sometimes poke my head in to say hi, but don't take part in any Summit activities as that wouldn't be right.

Then sometimes people get together for camping and whatever.

• Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. Doing the trails with a group tends to be fun, worth doing. There are vendors displays to check out, and the raffle which is epic. You will see and learn a lot.

For me, I went to the first few. Had fun. But it got too big for me. I'm small town for sure. I am sometimes in the area as I live 3 hours away, and sometimes poke my head in to say hi, but don't take part in any Summit activities as that wouldn't be right.

Then sometimes people get together for camping and whatever.
  • What rooms do you like in Ouray? A few weeks ago we stated at Hot Springs Inn seemed clean and nice and I got off season for $105 night most where $150+.

Is the Summit really worth it? It sounds like it sells out so fast I am sure a lot of people get left out. I may just enjoy Moab the week before more!
    I am a small town guy also, a buddy of mine told me about Secret Garden B&B in Ouray, what I liked only has 5 rooms, so there will not be alot of people:) but will probably sell out quickly, so I went ahead a and booked a room. It is right in the middle of Ouray perfect location. I did call them direct and got a better deal. Hope that helps

·
Vendor
2,131 Posts
Thats nice

·
Registered
184 Posts
Are you all still planning on MB4S or have plans changed for some with the Covid? Just kind of wondering everyones thought process? I am still planning on it!

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,422 Posts
Are you all still planning on MB4S or have plans changed for some with the Covid? Just kind of wondering everyones thought process? I am still planning on it!
Yes there are quite a few of us still planning on coming - since it’s not an official, organized event, just basically a bunch of friends getting together to wheel, it’s not subject to mandates except state guidelines for social distancing if they’re in effect then. Only other factor may be hotels and campgrounds which have yet to reopen.....updates to come on this thread ?

161 - 180 of 199 Posts