Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum and wondering, is the summit always in Ouray ( already my favorite place to go ) and does anyone know next years dates? I already have plans to be there the first week of july and if it is close could stay over.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
They've all been in Ouray.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ouray is my favorite place too! I just was there 2nd week in September, the wife and I did all the mountain passes that they allow the rental Jeeps on but I was in a F150 FX4 with just a level and 33 inch Falken tires. People could not believe I was up there in my F150; we did Ophir, Imogene and Engineer and a bunch of others but was kind of afraid to do Black Bear with long wheel base and not a lot of clearance.

Now I am new owner of 2011 FJ I definitley want to go to 2020 Summit; do you have to register? What else do I need to know?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Love the FJ colors. One of the best! Are those Mickey Thompson rims? Are they 17inch or 16’s? 31 inch tire? I’d like to get the 16 inch rims and am wondering if they fit with the brakes etc on the FJ

Mike

·
Registered
129 Posts
Love the FJ colors. One of the best! Are those Mickey Thompson rims? Are they 17inch or 16’s? 31 inch tire? I’d like to get the 16 inch rims and am wondering if they fit with the brakes etc on the FJ

Mike
I don't know the brand of wheels they do have a MT on them?? Tires are Nitto 295-70-17 so about 33.4 inch tire. I got a lift not sure brand and cannot find anything to tell me and OME shocks only had it a couple days the inside of FJ looks new.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
YES you need to register it sells out in seconds . Really . just watch the Summit threads . There is Also Moab Before Summit MB4S that a bunch of people come to . I know this year we will do Moab for a week . Also the rooms in Ourey sell out I have reserved my room the past 2 years in Jan then just hoped i got in when Reg opened up

·
Registered
129 Posts
YES you need to register it sells out in seconds . Really . just watch the Summit threads . There is Also Moab Before Summit MB4S that a bunch of people come to . I know this year we will do Moab for a week . Also the rooms in Ourey sell out I have reserved my room the past 2 years in Jan then just hoped i got in when Reg opened up
It really sells out? Do they have to limit it for just so many? How do you register on this forum?

Moab definitely sounds like a must for me!

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Not on this forum . FJ summit . Yes they limit it to 400 . and i think it sold out in 8 seconds this year .

·
Registered
129 Posts
What rooms do you like in Ouray? A few weeks ago we stated at Hot Springs Inn seemed clean and nice and I got off season for $105 night most where $150+.

Is the Summit really worth it? It sounds like it sells out so fast I am sure a lot of people get left out. I may just enjoy Moab the week before more!

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Is the Summit really worth it? It sounds like it sells out so fast I am sure a lot of people get left out. I may just enjoy Moab the week before more!
Moab before the Summit is definitely worth it!! I wouldn't miss it.

Do you like 5th gen 4runners? If so, Summit is the place to be.

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
What rooms do you like in Ouray? A few weeks ago we stated at Hot Springs Inn seemed clean and nice and I got off season for $105 night most where $150+.

Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. Doing the trails with a group tends to be fun, worth doing. There are vendors displays to check out, and the raffle which is epic. You will see and learn a lot.

For me, I went to the first few. Had fun. But it got too big for me. I'm small town for sure. I am sometimes in the area as I live 3 hours away, and sometimes poke my head in to say hi, but don't take part in any Summit activities as that wouldn't be right.

Then sometimes people get together for camping and whatever.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is it worth it? That depends on what you are looking for. Doing the trails with a group tends to be fun, worth doing. There are vendors displays to check out, and the raffle which is epic. You will see and learn a lot.

For me, I went to the first few. Had fun. But it got too big for me. I'm small town for sure. I am sometimes in the area as I live 3 hours away, and sometimes poke my head in to say hi, but don't take part in any Summit activities as that wouldn't be right.

Then sometimes people get together for camping and whatever.
Yeah I am small town too, I know what you're saying!

·
Registered
914 Posts
Not on this forum . FJ summit . Yes they limit it to 400 . and i think it sold out in 8 seconds this year .
This is no BS. LOL!

I would definitely play on Moab Before Summit (it's so beautiful there!), and then maybe just cruise through Ouray and stay there for a couple days..? That's what we did. I had more fun going from Moab to Ouray, and then from Ouray to Colorado Springs than I did in the days in Ouray. There's so much to see in Colorado off of the beaten path... I was amazed.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
5,758 Posts
Moab before the Summit is definitely worth it!! I wouldn't miss it.

Do you like 5th gen 4runners? If so, Summit is the place to be.
Swimming in a sea of 4Runners at this past Summit...:surprise

Attachments

1 - 20 of 108 Posts