Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

new to the forum and FJ ownership. Traded my much loved LR4 for a 2021 spec FJ out here in Dubai! Couldn’t be happier and looking forward to running it in a few 100 miles and then exploring the desert soon!
It is stock at the moment and not planning any mods until I get a feel for the car and some experience on the dunes under my belt but would always welcome guidance for a new FJ owner and budding desert explorer!

Regards from Dubai and excited to contribute and learn!

F94DC8AA-3D89-4C69-A698-D651B989549B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
16,847 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: NikiFJDXB

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome From Missouri, USA. Congratulations

I had a question, do they import manuals to Dubai? I have friends in Saudi and they told me they don’t get the manual there.

Cheers
G

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good morning all. More pics to come as soon as I can get it in daylight! Thank you for the warm welcome!. Sadly only automatics available new from the dealership.

will share more details later today and again really appreciate the welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beauty of our cars are that we are likely identical or more similar than different even though over a decade apart.

- all is stock for 2021 except the seat covers which were an extra cost.
  1. Compressor
  2. 12” CarPlay/android auto head unit plus remote (volume control)
  3. Flag :)
  4. Engine is likely unchanged since 2010 :)
  5. Body work is identical to day 1
I’ll share some better pics when I get time during the day! The head unit does have a few quirks that make it show as dealer fitted vs Toyota but i’m super happy with it.​

got just over 100 miles in today so far so good :)

love the reference to Kings... I’ll be looking those up. The dealers has sent me a recommended suspension upgrade (EMU BP51’s) but I’ll hold until I get confident on the dunes before adding anything new​

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Welcome....PICS!!!! Excited to see how the car has envolved (or not!)!
Honestly, I'd miss the big knobs on the dash. The new car smell and infotainment would prolly take that pain away.
Good for the OP.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts