Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I'm interested in putting 20in wheels with a low to mid profile tire on my 2008 2WD FJ without lifting if at all possible. Does anyone know if a 20x9.5 - 6x5.5 wheel will rub when at full turn? Also, I see there is what is called "Hub Centric", do I need a Hub Centric wheel?

I can't really find any info specifically on this setup so any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Yup, the search function here works just as well as Google.

The old Hub Centric vs Lug Centric debate is like the chicken and the egg. I've heard both cases, and I went with lug centric because it made more sense to me.

With 33"s you'll probably rub, unless you have a really low profile tire. When you excercise the search feature, try to search "body chop." It's a cheap mod that will allow you to put bigger tires on your FJ.

·
Registered
143 Posts

This is what's look like after installation 20" wheelset, no lift, an it rub when you make a full turn.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts

This is what's look like after installation 20" wheelset, no lift, an it rub when you make a full turn.
Looks like an FJ/Tahoe.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
ditch the 20s, get some 16s and some 285s!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just vomited in my mouth.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
My feelings on that are as follows....... :eek: :ugh: :notsigned: :sick: :cry:

That is all.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoa now hold on guys! I'm not attempting to aka "Bling" it out; I'm just in search of what I would call an aggressive appearance. :rofl:

I'm thinking since my FJ is black then perhaps I should try something different then what I'm used to and do a black-on-black. So this style doesn't appeal to the mainstream FJ crowd? Personally I think if you take a second and look at the profile of this particular setup it's pretty bad ass yet presentable/practical at the same time IMO.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Photo Gallery - luanta Gallery - Powered by PhotoPost

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
that doesnt look so bad actually..just no chrome haha good luck finding your wheels!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Whoa now hold on guys! I'm not attempting to aka "Bling" it out; I'm just in search of what I would call an aggressive appearance. :rofl:

I'm thinking since my FJ is black then perhaps I should try something different then what I'm used to and do a black-on-black. So this style doesn't appeal to the mainstream FJ crowd? Personally I think if you take a second and look at the profile of this particular setup it's pretty bad ass yet presentable/practical at the same time IMO.

Cheers!
Haha, don't worry. No one means any harm. It is just that 90% of the people on this forum take their FJ offroad, and it is marketed as an offroad vehicle. So to take it and throw 20" rims on it, well, i guess you get the idea.

Imagine going to a Jeep wrangler forum, that would seem to be occupied by a bunch of offroaders, and asking them about fitting 20" rims on a Wrangler.

Black rims look good on everything. I have two sets. I blacked out the factory alloys even.

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts

Cheers!
Igloo, I have a 2wd and it is VERY agressive. Look at Wrigman's rig as well. He is another 2wd that is EXTREMELY agressive. If that is the look you are after, why don't you go with 285s, lift it and get yourself some nice steelies. Then, it will be agressive.

IMHO 2wd FJs don't look agressive with big, shiny rims and skinny tires. Alot of folks already think that 2wds are only good for "mall crawling". I know better and so does the 2wd forum here. Why don't you hang around here for a bit and see what some of us 2wds have accomplished!

:wave::cheers::clap::bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts