Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some guy locally is selling 22" diablo rims mounted on 37" super swamper m16 for only 800$. One tire has 1/2" tread left and the other 3 have a little over 1/4".
I'm looking into new wheels and tires, this seems like a great deal but I'm wondering how the fj will drive if installed? I don't want to regear my truck
I have a 6" rc lift on the vehicle already

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
you CAN get the 37's to fit properly..ive got 37's on mine, but ive got more then 6" of custom lift..as for re-gearing...yea, your gonna want to do that...i ran 35's for almost 3 years before re-gearing and the only issue i had was with the cruise control kicking in and out. once i re-geard, NO problems...i dont have any issues now, but i damn sure wouldnt want to try to run the 37's with stock gears

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
22" wheels with 37" super swampers....

That should never be in the same sentence together :lol:

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Don't do it. You're essentially just buying the rims. 22's won't last long off roading. Maybe perfect if you want to go DUB though ;p

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LoL yeah it was just a hunch... Just these moto metal 18"s I have are pitting a little bit and about to order some new ones, so il have a set of 951 18x9 for sale hahah

1 - 7 of 7 Posts