Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

A while back I had a tire slashed and I ended up just switching the spare onto the FJ. But, I didn't get a new spare right away. I ended up getting one from a guy on another FJ site and when I got home I noticed that the new tire is a bit smaller than the other specifically 245 65r/17 and I have the stock 265 70r/17 on the truck. Will this cause problems if I put it on the spare and then eventually need it? Out of luck and some kindness the guy actually gave me both of his 245s so I have two tires now. Should I throw them on the two rims (front or back, front seems like the better spot) and then have a 265 as the spare? Does any of this make sense?

Suggestions? Should I just use the smaller 245 as my spare until I get the money together to get all new awesome off-road tires?

Thanks
Shawn

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Should I just use the smaller 245 as my spare until I get the money together to get all new awesome off-road tires?
That's what I would do. It would be preferable to have all four tires on the ground the same size, but you're not going to hurt anything by running a 245 for a while if needed. Might make it steer funny if you had to put it on one front only.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! that what a guy here at work told me as well. i was just worried something may not be completely right if i had it on there for a while. ok, i'll just get it up on the spare and then get the cash together for a new one(ones).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts