Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FJ Forumers,

I'm on the market to lift my FJ and also want to get some new tires. My FJ just hit 50,000 miles--no problems--I figured it was time to do something nice for her and give her a lift and new rubbers. Already switched her to Royal Purple in the difs and Mobile 1 in the engine when I bought her. Oh yea, and a CAI and TRD exhaust.

On to the more important:

I called a local place that has a great reputation and here is what they are willing to do for me. I want all your feedback to help me make a solid decision. Thanks in advance.

~$2500 total tax included:

-3" lift which includes front strut spacer and rear coils and new BDS lifetime warranty shocks(rear only)=$560

-Labor for lift install $525 (I'm not an expert and will definitely need someone to help me with a lift)

-5 new Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17s =$975

-Alignment = $140

-Mount&Balance = $150

+150
---------
=2350 +tax ~$2500
-------------------------------------

I live in Princeton, NJ and would appreciate any feedback. I'm set on my tire brand and dont want anything other than Nittos. I am not totally sure about the BDS but have heard good things and am open to OME and Toyetech(know they are quality and understand everyone likes them dont need to be sold on that).

Please let me know if you think I am getting ripped off and if you have any constructive suggestions.

Thank you all very much!
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
Probably not a bad price to have someone do it all. But you could probably get some help from some locals for a lot less.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably not a bad price to have someone do it all. But you could probably get some help from some locals for a lot less.
I'm definitely open to help from FJ Forumers local to Princeton, NJ or Philadelphia where I spend the work week. If anyone is close by, don't hesitate to ping me.

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
452 Posts
that install price is pretty high...

there are a couple people in your area that i'm sure will install the lift with you, so that will save a lot of money.

also, i just got my front end aligned and it was $70, either mine was really cheap or yours is just expensive, different parts of the country though so that could be it

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Pass.

Buy the goods from a forum vendor and hold a wrench-a-thon. Locals in your will step up and help out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I've already had one member respond to my post who is helping find a good deal and it feels much better keeping it in the FJ Cruiser Forum community anyway. Thanks again! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Update your profile (LOCATION) so folks in your area can chime in.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The lift install and alignment seem high. Mount and balance here in Louisiana is about 13 a tire and lift is about 250.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Thanks guys, I've already had one member respond to my post who is helping find a good deal and it feels much better keeping it in the FJ Cruiser Forum community anyway. Thanks again! :bigthumb:
I know that guy you talking to.. I was infront of him when you guys are talking on the phone :lol:

I will show up on your install day to help out :rocker:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I only show up when there's food and drink involved :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
See, I told you folks would help out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Santi did come to the rescue. Thanks everyone again for reaching out. I also just joined up on FJ Northeasters. ...Joe some beers are in order.

I will definitely get some pics posted up once I go from stock to not. Thanks again!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts