Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After scouring this forum, I am having a hard time determining if this tire size absolutely will or will not rub. My FJ is a stock 2008 4X4 auto. I will use the stock offroad package 16" rims. I appreciate your input. Thanks a lot

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have wondered the same thing because I want that size tire. From what I have read there is minimal rubbing with no lift but with some slight and minor modifications you can prevent the rubbing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update. I went to Americas Tire Co mounted them up...they rub
How bad was the rubbing? I've got a set of the KM2s in this size on order at discount tire. I should have them mounted up by Monday next week.

·
Registered
655 Posts
A friend of mine had a set of Interco TRXUS M/T LT255/85R16 and they didn't rub.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
These were KM2s. It was driveable, but under any kind of load they would make contract. If you only drove down the freeway and never hit a speed bump they wouldn't rub. But after seeing them on the FJ, America's Tire Co said, lift or body mount chop. I was disappointed, I really wanted them.:mecry:

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
These were KM2s. It was driveable, but under any kind of load they would make contract. If you only drove down the freeway and never hit a speed bump they wouldn't rub. But after seeing them on the FJ, America's Tire Co said, lift or body mount chop. I was disappointed, I really wanted them.:mecry:
Where are they rubbing?

If you are on the body mount, a lift doesn't solve that.

I have a heck of a time believing that you are rubbing on the upper fender on compression at all. A lift would not alleviate this problem either. You suspension will still travel through the same range of motion with a lift or without. So if you rub the upper fender, you'd rub with a lift. And i don't know of a single person that rubs the inner fender with this sized tire. I don't rub my inner fender with 34s on full compression.

Get an alignment, have them set your caster as far positive as possible while still attaining specs on the rest of the alignment, i am willing to bet 10 bucks you will not rub the body mounts any more.

Read this:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/suspension-steering-tech/82323-get-rid-rub-without-chop.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts