Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,494 Posts
My trailer is on 255’s as 285’s are too wide...but still interchangeable in an emergency, still pondering whether I run the truck on them next tire swap. I always ran 255’s on my old 70 series Cruiser. Not sure if I’ll need spacers to sit them out or not.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,870 Posts
How are you liking the Geolander 003’s? I have 16” TRD wheels enroute and those are at the top of my list to mount to them. Thanks!
So far so good. I have not gotten them off pavement yet sadly. Truck has been just sitting in the garage for the past 5 weeks or so. So far I am pleased. They are a little more narrow than I had thought they would be, even mounted on my 7" wide rims. If you are looking at using TRDs, which are 7.5" wide, you may find them a tad narrow. If you want the largest and widest 255/85 the Toyo MTs are the biggest....they are also the heaviest. Just food for thought.

And while I am here again!

Here she sits in quarantine

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
So far so good. I have not gotten them off pavement yet sadly. Truck has been just sitting in the garage for the past 5 weeks or so. So far I am pleased. They are a little more narrow than I had thought they would be, even mounted on my 7" wide rims. If you are looking at using TRDs, which are 7.5" wide, you may find them a tad narrow. If you want the largest and widest 255/85 the Toyo MTs are the biggest....they are also the heaviest. Just food for thought.

And while I am here again!

Here she sits in quarantine

Interesting... specs for both are rated for a 6.5”-8.5” rim so I figured 7.5” would work just fine since it’s in the middle of the recommended range of the tire size. Less weight of the Geolander was a contributing factor in my preference over the Toyo... I really like the look of the tires on your truck! I’ve been running 285/75R17 for years and looking forward to the drivability of the narrower tires I read about in reviews.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,870 Posts
Looking good!

I got to drive mine on the freeway for just over an hour yesterday. First time driving more than 15 minutes at highway speed (which is sad since I have had them for like 5 months). I was thoroughly impressed with the manners, smoothness, and feel of them. Noise just sounds like when you are flying on a commercial airline lol

101 - 107 of 107 Posts