Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I just recently got a lift, and my 265 nitto terra grabbers look tiny. Should I go with a 275 or 285 tire? If I went with a bigger tire what are my pros and cons?

Will I have to get upgraded brakes?

Thank you all for helping a newbie!

·
Registered
318 Posts
285/70R17 is a good option or super swamper LTB 34x10.5R17 that will be my next tire

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,
I just went and got me some 285 BFG All-Terrain KO E's and LOVE them!!! I appreciate everyones help

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
I love my 285 BFG A/T's as well.

You'll hear people go back and forth on them -- and they honestly do pack up in mud -- but otherwise they have done great. Cushy and quiet on the road, never once sketchy during this crazy winter, and they look good.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the look. Clean but aggressive. I am so new to all this that I have the feeva right now! Even if they pack mud, I am sure they will do just fine with my amateur off-road courses.

·
fka RockWeasel
226 Posts
Yeah, the BFG A/T's get a bad rap sometimes because the design has been around for a long time, but they really do work well.

Sure, they're not an aggressive M/T, but they're not supposed to be. I've never had Nitto Terra Grapplers -- they seem to work well, too -- but I'm happy with them, and we don't exactly have fair weather here in Colorado...

At the end of the day, I think they're the best looking A/T out there.

Next time I might give the 255/85/16 Cooper Discoverer A/T a try, though. I like the 255 ratio, but it'd be nice to have it in an (aggressive) A/T over my 255 KM2's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts