Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know I should search the forum but I get mixed results on this with the search. Some people say it will rub and others say no...others say nothing.

Shoot me straight - can I fit 285/70's on my stock FJ with a 1" daystar kit? OR do I need the 2.5/1.5 level kit to run the 285's? I perfer the look of the 285's with a 1" level kit better.

Please help. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the daystar 3" spacer lift, with 285 km2's on stock rims.... then i got aftermarket rims and needed to do body mount chop.... never really rubbed on the stock rims...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Here's mine with the Daystar 2.5/1.5 lift-level kit and 285-70-17 on the stock steelies. Tires are Cooper Discoverer STT's and very aggressive. (true measurement is 33x11.5)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's mine with the Daystar 2.5/1.5 lift-level kit and 285-70-17 on the stock steelies. Tires are Cooper Discoverer STT's and very aggressive. (true measurement is 33x11.5)

That looks good but I'm curious as to how it will look/fit with just a 1" level lift.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Not sure how the 1" would be. I have only rubbed once and that was from hitting a pretty big hole. No body mount chop or anything has been done to mine, just the lift kit.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi - I have 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers on a set of XD Revolvers on my '08 4x4 with auto transmission. I have totally stock suspension - I only had to chop the body mounts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts