Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have wrangler duratracs on their FJ in stock set up? i really want these tires but i wanna go bigger. if so any problems? would you suggest a spacer lift to user for the bigger tires?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the 285s with the old man emu lift. I am pretty sure would would have rubbing with a stock set up especially on the body mount. That is just guessing from my set up.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome thats what i was hoping to hear! i still think im going to get a daystar spacer kit too

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Atleast level your truck out. The Daystar is a good spacer lift if you want to also raise the back end too. If you just want to level you can do that with a 2in spacer in the front.

Downside is that the duratracs may contact your body mount whether you lift or not. If you don't to have them chopped you can find an alignment shop you trust and see if they will set your caster ahead some.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got ya! thanks for the info!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have exactly what you are talking about. I do have some minor rub, but a BMC would more than take care of it, mines is not enough to even worry about, although it will get done sooner or later.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyone else?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have the OME lift on my 08 and I run 285/70/17s on it with no rubbing. I do not have the BMC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts