Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
285/70/17.
im on the fence about mt or at... i have the stock alloys on, and im curious to what kind of mileage people are getting on the mt. right now my rig is driven about 7 miles to work every day on the road, but within about 3 months ill be moving to colorado and ill be riding a bike during the warming months unless trailing.

im big on getting better gas mileage and wanted to see the difference between the at and MT. i know there will be somewhat of a difference, but people saying they are getting 50k miles out of their MT tells me that treadwright is using stiffer compounds than other companies.

(i also realize fj to fj differs. i also plan on replacing my spark plugs/air filter when i install the tires)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I would just do the tires W/O the plugs or airfilter, just to see if there really is an actual difference in the mileage from the Treadwrights. If you see no difference in the mileage, you might then do the plugs and AF to see if that will improve your gas mileage.
If you do all 3 at the same time, it is difficult to really know what caused
the biggest change.

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im going from 265 to a 285. i have had my lift on a while and im ready to go bigger in tires, i am just interested in what the mt mpg will be. might have to go at if its too major, that 15mpg stuff doesnt attract me too much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 3" lift and 285/70/17 AT's from treadwright... 14-15 mpg around town 18-20 mpg on the highway...depends on how hard I'm driving her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts