Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well my tires came in before the rest of my lift did and i was wondering if i could have the shop install the new 285-75-16 buckshot xmt mudders on the factory alloy wheels untill the rest of the lift comes in and i can get it on. will the new tires rub much, anyone with a simalar setup chime in and let me know if you had any problems with 285's and no lift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove my FJ for more than a year with Mickey Thompson 285/75/16 with no problem at all when driving in the city. When off roading though, and 10psi, they did rub a little. If I where you, Id try the new tires and if they rub, go back to stock. Try the front two first.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in the same boat. Waiting for my lift to come in, but I put on my new 285/70/17 Goodyear Wrangler Territories. I get some rub on the body mount at about 3/4 - 7/8 steering. Nothing too major, but I won't be wheeling it until the lift comes in.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
My 285/70R17 Hankook Dyanapro M/T's rubbed even WITH my 3" lift. I may have been my aftermarket wheels.

In essence it's going to be a case by case scenario with rubbing. More times than not, you'll be fine with minimal rubbing as long as you keep it to the streets.

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
well my tires came in before the rest of my lift did and i was wondering if i could have the shop install the new 285-75-16 buckshot xmt mudders on the factory alloy wheels untill the rest of the lift comes in and i can get it on. will the new tires rub much, anyone with a simalar setup chime in and let me know if you had any problems with 285's and no lift.
Not Sure on your tire, but I put 285/75/16 BFG A/T's on my stock TT rim and -0- rub, I did shortly after put a little lift on but there was no rub at all, I put wheel spacers on and then I got a little rub but went ahead and did a body mount chop.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
How do you like those 285/70R17 Geolander AT-S tires? I am thinking about getting these. They seem to be the largest diameter 285/70R17 all-terrain tires out there (about 33.1"), according to the publishes specifications. I was wondering about rubbing though. I would be putting on a 2.5" OME lift. I also think the tire looks pretty nice, but I haven't actually seen it in real life on an FJ. Got any pics to share?

My 285/70R17 Yokohama Geolander AT-S tires rub but more so when I back-up. I will be putting on a 3" lift any day now. Hopefully no more rubbing after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts