1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looks nice! Time to go get em dirty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those are hot. Same question as NBFJcruz, how much lift, and did you need a body mount chop? How are they performing off the concrete? Good or bad, they look awesome.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Good choice on tire man! I also sport these, and love 'em. They look evil with that aggressive sidewall tread, and perform great. I didn't have to do a body mount chop on mine (you?), but I have aftermarket rims with a different offset/backspacing so I am not sure how much that affected it. I was rubbing on my front mudflaps, so I just took those off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a 3" procomp lift .. no chop yet but im adding 1.25 spacers this week cuz they rub at full lock.. once there on im sure the body mount chop is next.. they perform great on the road...haven't gotten to take them off road yet but will post when i do... Thanks:rocker:

·
Registered
45 Posts
interesting. i just got Nitto 285 TG's- ordered 5 of them...only 4 arrived at Discount (FedEx lost one of them)- the four were installed and two days later (today) Discount got me the 5th one from a local wholesaler to install as the spare.

i didn't pay much attention as he was putting it on- but after i got home i noticed there were no color lines on the tread and the "nipples" looked as worn down as the new tires i had just gotten- and have probably put 20 miles on so far (which seems to me that this [spare] tire may have seen a couple of miles on the road?)...??...OR were they merely manufactured differently?

i then compared every detail between the four tires and my newly acquired spare....and though most everything looks basically the same, the four that were installed say "Made in Japan" on them and the spare i just got says "Made in USA." i also noticed on the spare/"Made in USA" tire that the "seams" going across the tread are very visible. looks much different than the other four "Made in Japan" tires.

i called Discount and said i want another tire. so hopefully FedEx will find it in their lost and found.

annihoo...i'm rambling...but these kind of things intrigue me. i know that Toyo owns Nitto...and in 2005 they opened up manufacturing in the U.S., blah blah blah.

but does anyone know anything about Nitto and manufacturing dates, etc?

i LOVE these tires! :rocker:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts