Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to plan out what I am going to do with my FJ and have a question concerning the Nitto Trail Grapplers. I plan to get Bilstein 5100 all the way around and am going to crank them out to their max making a 2.5" lift in the front and about 1.5in lift in the rear. With all of this I was wondering if I try to fit 295/70/17 Trail Grapplers on my 17" stock rims would I have to get a Body Mount Chop or could I get a 1.5" wheel spacer to fix the problem of potential rubbing?

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
It's hard to say...I would say the mount chop for sure and then go from there.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
I think you'll be ok if you don't add the spacers. With my 285's I have plenty of additional room and think a 295 would fit in there with no issues.

If you add spacers, you'll most likely need to do the chop. I have a set of spacers that I'm adding and I'll be doing the chop for clearance.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Just so people know.. Stock tires with a spacer can hit the plastic covering the body mount. Take that plastic off and you wont' hit but larger tires would. 295's will most likely hit the mount. it might also cause issues with the UCA Just shave the body mount down and it will be good.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
get the chop. youll prob end up doing it later anyway. the trail grapplers are awesome though.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The 295 trail grapplers will more than likely rub your UCAs. I did a test mount at the tire shop when they ordered the wrong wheels (same backspacing as stock) and the knobs on the tires rubbed significantly and even more when turned. We took them off and ordered a new set of wheels with a smaller backspacing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts