Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, looking for new shoes but i have a question. Will the 295/75/16 BFG AT's fit with an OME lift? I have heavy up front and med in rear, also i will be mounting them on my TRD 16" rims.
I would like to know if a chop would be needed and if there are any other rubbin issues while wheeling, also what MPG are u gettin whith em?

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
it should work out to same diameter as the 295 on 17 inch wheels...as the 75 number is the ration between diameter and height of sidewall. I cant say for sure...but a 33" tire is a 33" tire no matter the wheel it sits on. Give them a measure and see what they come out as.... if a 33" and you are on stock wheels...and using the OME lift sold by ToyTec then you will not need chop and will be fine. Any other lift I cant vouch for...

·
Registered
878 Posts
the 295/75r16 BFG is 33.2x11.5

Brock runs 33.19x12.13 and says he is fine without chop

Paulthephotographer runs 33.1x11.5 and had to chop, he drives the **** out of his FJC(blue FJC at the build day, "stock" er... trail modified? with mud tires)

your all on the same offset and width wheels

your lift can only prevent rubbing while you're not driving aggressively off road, your suspension geometry does not change because of a 3" lift, your wheels will still travel through the same path as they did with stock suspension, they are just going to start further away from the body/frame with a lift.

if you off road like/with Paul get ready to chop those mounts, Paul's tires even rub up inside of the wheel well, but your taller springs with higher spring rates will help prevent that.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
agree wholeheartedly...the stiffer suspension just takes much more force/weight to travel the same distance as the path is always the same. Think I am going to try to find a 2 foot rock or stump or forklift to raise my back corner so I can put full compression on front and check it out. :D

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I run 295-70-17 and needed a chop plus needed wheel spacers rubbing on the inner control arm.295's are 33.1 a bit taller than normal 33's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts