Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running 295x70-17's on the factory alloy's? I'm having the body mount chopped this week and 3" lift installed. I want to install 295x70-17 Nitto AT's on my stock alloy's.

thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ive been running that same tire setup for about 6,000 miles and it works great. I also know of several other members doing the same with out a problem. Good choice, you will love the look and the performance.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
You dont need the body chop if you have the ToyTec OME 3" lift with medium springs front and rear both with the 295x70x17 tires......as that is my setup you can see below.

No Lift with Nitto Terra Grapplers..rubbed when entering driveway or wheeling on bump stop...

ToyTec OME 3" lift and same Nitto Tires...no rubbing no matter how extreme the effort now

I personally held off on chop job until i tried this setup..and glad I did. Less modification needed the better and like I said I have had the front corner compressed pretty good and not rubbed a bit no matter what. Month of wheeling and mud holes and stumps and concrete revetments to see if I could get a wheel on one...and still no rubbing. So guessing it wont compress any more than that....we shall see. When I add Lucrum bumper and the Lucrum rear tire carrier I will see if the extra weight causes any problems....but that will be in Fall.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
I'm running Toyo Open Country M/Ts in 295s on stock rims with a 3" lift and all is well. No body mount chop - I'm sure I haven't wheeled as hard as some - but so far very happy.

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the 285-70-17 nitto grapplers, I have 883 springs up front,I have a 3" OME lift but haven't done the install.I have tried to get the tires to rub off road , but so far it hasn't rubbed,very close though.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
295/70/17 are gonna rub on stock rims.the offset of the rim is not recommended for running 295's.My dad has has 285's Nittos no rub..
i had to chop mounts and run 1.25 spacers to clear the control arm..:rocker:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
295/70/17 are gonna rub on stock rims.
not true...depends on tire make...and tread design in addition to wheels.

stock steel...stock alloy 17"...stock 16"

unequivocally, 17" alloy wheels that came from factory on my FJ do NOT rub with 295x70x17 Nitto Terra Grapplers using the ToyTec 3" OME lift kit FJ3-FRC and I chose MEDIUM for both Front and Rear springs(885/895)...

You cant say they will rub or they wont unless you state exactly what you have on your setup. I have wheeled pretty good in my new truck and no rubbing at all at any angle or speed as of yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts