Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I'm curious on the outcome and steps to re-do the exterior plastics. I tried re-doing the rear corners and I failed miserably. To a point where I had to buy new rear bumper cover. I still have the original and would like to experiment and learn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These 2k paints are expensive ($20/can) but they have a catalyst that gets injected into the can, then you have a pot life before the stuff hardens in the can.

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
These 2k paints are expensive ($20/can) but they have a catalyst that gets injected into the can, then you have a pot life before the stuff hardens in the can.
Very similar to the Endura products. I'd be curious to see how it holds up on plastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very similar to the Endura products. I'd be curious to see how it holds up on plastic.
Cool, hadn’t heard of Endura . They show a lot of videos where they’re painting color-matched plastic bumpers with the stuff, so I’m hoping it’ll work on the textured black trim pieces - they don’t need to be nearly as perfect.

I’ve ordered their adhesion promoter, once it comes in, I’ll try on my front bumper and post up pics.

·
Registered
917 Posts
The paint doesn't matter, you definitely want the adhesion promoter on the plastics. This after scuffing and de-greasing of course. No acetone based cleaners, it will melt that stuff instantly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts