Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, heres the deal...ive got a fabtech 6" suspension with the dirt logic coil overs...not to bad...running the ar thugs, in a 17x 9..my tires are the pro comp extreme at, 35x12.5x17.......not the problem yet...heres the problem..i have busted my cv joint boot for the SECOND time! both on the passengers side, both the inside boot. the fj has NOT been offroad to any degree to cause this to happen..have spoken with fabtech, sent them pictures, and they say it looks no different then theirs! so, the angel is not an extreme...i am curious to know if anyone has had this problem, or know if toyota has had any problems with the boot? again, thanx in advance

·
Registered
639 Posts
Did you install any Trans. Case spacers?
A 6" lift is a lot, I would think all of the angles would be off...
Blowing the boot twice makes me think this is the problem, but I am guessing.
I am thinking new beefey CV joints should be on AllPro's list of must makes.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Did you install any Trans. Case spacers?
A 6" lift is a lot, I would think all of the angles would be off...
Blowing the boot twice makes me think this is the problem, but I am guessing.
I am thinking new beefey CV joints should be on AllPro's list of must makes.
I'm sure he has a drop bracket lift to keep the CV angles near stock. The Dirt Logics look like they are adjustable so maybe try cranking them down some to reduce the front lift and see if that helps.

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not sure as for the trans spacer..to be honest, never heard much about it...i sent pics to fabtech, and everything looked good..the angle was not extreme, it looked just like their test mod fj...

·
Banned
2,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, headed to stealership in the am....spoke with fabtech, and it all looks like their test fj..so, headed to do battle! i fixed it the FIRST TIME, but the SECOND....not sure i am willing to lay down so fast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts