Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
what horn is it? what kind of controls does it have? if it just has a normal momentary switch, you can get away with a small nice looking button style switch in the cab. if it is a musical horn, then you might have to have a control board mounted to control the different tones. either way, it is always possible to do another switch.

for example, and a regular aftermarket horn. mount the horn and the tank. ground it. take the switch for it and run it to the cab. you will end up running 12v to the switch. take the other end of the switch, run it to the 30 pin on the relay. run 12v to 86, ground 85. run a wire from the 87 pin to the + on the horn. forget about 87a. simple as that.
that doesn't sound all that simple but I'll take your word for it.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
where can I buy a little button for this thing?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yippee! I got it today!

now to find room for it. Tough stuff with the TRD CAI taking prime real estate under the hood. I'll explore my options at lunch hopefully.

I know you're all very interested. Any advice on how and where to mount 5 horns and this compressor would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
this kit does not come with a switch.

anyone know what type of horn switch would fit in the slot to the left of the steering wheel? Perhaps a button instead of a little switch? anyone?

Thanks

21 - 24 of 24 Posts