Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE 6-speed
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, has anyone had success with fitting 3 car seats on the rear bench? Namely, I've got 2 forward facing car seats and 1 rear facing car seat, so if someone has done this setup successfully please let me know!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I don't hink it was made for 3 car seats. There are no hooks for one in the middle. I have a boster seat there.

·
2011 トヨタ NSSE
12,387 Posts
Rear facing in the middle using the seat/shoulder belt and the anchors are on the FJ's seat backs at the bottom.

Good luck! CHEERS

·
Registered
209 Posts
Have 2 kids in boosters in the outboard positions and one in rear facing seat in middle. Yes, you have to use the seatbelt in the middle position (no LATCH there).

That combo fits in the back, but it is tight. (Meaning, Dad has to fasten the kids in the boosters because they can't get their hands into where it needs to go without Dad sliding the boosters a bit sideways to gain access.)

Not sure if 3 actual car seats would work. Not to mention it'd be kind of a pain in the rear to have to try to juggle kids over the different seats with the small access area you have.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have two, one rear facing and one forward. I don’t think there’s enough room for a third, I have my two ATV helmets out back and only one fits between my kids two seats.

·
Registered
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser TTUE 6-speed
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually got 3 in the back seat to work after doing some measurements and research on car seats! It worked with our existing Chico Keyfit 30 for our 5-month old, and then I bought 2 Graco Tranzitions 5-point harness booster seats for our eldest 3.5 year old and 2nd eldest 2 year old. The fam is loving the FJ after we did a quick desert trip last Sunday. Thanks all for your input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts